Choosing an Outfitter Mule Deer & Antelope

One point here will basically get you nothing. Also, most of the top outfitters are already booked for 2022. You'd be better off looking at some general license deer areas in Colorado...

As already mentioned, most guides book out at least a year and a half in advance.

I don't know much about Wyoming but here is some advice no matter where you hunt. Do not just pick a guide based off their website, there are some really good guides that have either No or really poor websites…the opposite can be said for some bad guides having really stellar websites. Call the guide and talk to him at least 2 times prior to making a decision. This ensures he is giving consistent answers to questions. Sometimes the second time I talk to a guide I get a better feel for them...remember you're most likely the 20-30+ hunter to talk to the guide, sometimes they get tired of window shoppers and just answer as little as possible (not saying that's right but it happens). Ask for a reference list, both of successful and non successful hunters and talk to a few of them. Read online reviews but know you are going to get a lot of good and a lot of bad, gotta be able to weed out the people that blame everything on the guide (weather and such they can't control).

My 70 year old father is interested in going on a Mule Deer and Antelope hunt and I am beyond excited at the idea. We are looking to hunt in Wyoming in 2022 and each have at least one preference point for each animal. Having never hunted out west or used a guiding service I am a bit overwhelmed with options. Googling for outfitters brings up unlimited options. Any first hand experience good or bad, suggested outfitters, tips or insight would be greatly appreciated. I checked out the outfitters thread but they were anemic to say the least.
This 77yo father took his 50yo son on an Antelope hunt in Wyoming. Tyler Sims Outfitting LLC, McFadden, WY did an over-the-top job for us.

Thanks from me too!!!!!~ I'm beginning my search now for the same type of hunt. I'm older than you father , so this all applies to me as well. Thanks Boys, lenny

My 70 year old father is interested in going on a Mule Deer and Antelope hunt and I am beyond excited at the idea. We are looking to hunt in Wyoming in 2022 and each have at least one preference point for each animal. Having never hunted out west or used a guiding service I am a bit overwhelmed with options. Googling for outfitters brings up unlimited options. Any first hand experience good or bad, suggested outfitters, tips or insight would be greatly appreciated. I checked out the outfitters thread but they were anemic to say the least.
Bear Track Outfitters, Buffalo, Wy, great deer and antelope, great facilities, they are set up to cater to older hunters.

Savory Creek Outfitters out of Savery, Wyoming.
Savery Creek Outfitters may be booked as well but they run a first class operation. They have some really nice private ground in the area otherwise the public land is completely overrun with people.
Avoid Peak View Outfitters in the same area. Not a good outfitter at all.

Well folks, I greatly appreciate all of the input and tips. We got lucky and found a 2022 opening at High Pines Outfitters with Erick Mares. Between texts, emails and lengthy phone call I am confident my dad and I will be in good hands. Seems like a genuinely good person and we are absolutely stoked at the opportunity to get out there and make some memories. There's a lot of great outfitters from what I've gathered and I'm hoping after next years hunt I can respond to a similar post with wonderful things to say about this outfit. Time will tell. I plan on bringing my Tikka 260 Rem. which will be getting some upgrades between now and then.

Well folks, I greatly appreciate all of the input and tips. We got lucky and found a 2022 opening at High Pines Outfitters with Erick Mares. Between texts, emails and lengthy phone call I am confident my dad and I will be in good hands. Seems like a genuinely good person and we are absolutely stoked at the opportunity to get out there and make some memories. There's a lot of great outfitters from what I've gathered and I'm hoping after next years hunt I can respond to a similar post with wonderful things to say about this outfit. Time will tell. I plan on bringing my Tikka 260 Rem. which will be getting some upgrades between now and then.
Congrats on finding a place for you and your dad. Hope that works out well for you all, and I will be looking for your report next year. I too am looking for an appropriate mule deer hunt and am on the elderly side (late 60s) but also with some health issues (back and knee surgeries) that will prevent me from hunting some of the roughest terrain. Therefore, I was looking at all of these outfitter recommendations hoping to find one that offered hunts near alfalfa fields or had some means to limit the amount of walking/climbing needed. It was not clear that any of them offered such opportunities. While I can walk several miles currently without much problem, it is at a slower pace with rest stops occasionally. So am really curious to lean what hunting opportunities there may be for those of us who can no longer trek up and down the highest slopes all day long.

Congrats on finding a place for you and your dad. Hope that works out well for you all, and I will be looking for your report next year. I too am looking for an appropriate mule deer hunt and am on the elderly side (late 60s) but also with some health issues (back and knee surgeries) that will prevent me from hunting some of the roughest terrain. Therefore, I was looking at all of these outfitter recommendations hoping to find one that offered hunts near alfalfa fields or had some means to limit the amount of walking/climbing needed. It was not clear that any of them offered such opportunities. While I can walk several miles currently without much problem, it is at a slower pace with rest stops occasionally. So am really curious to lean what hunting opportunities there may be for those of us who can no longer trek up and down the highest slopes all day long.
I will keep you updated, probably around this time next year.