Choosing an Outfitter Mule Deer & Antelope

Lovellr653

My 70 year old father is interested in going on a Mule Deer and Antelope hunt and I am beyond excited at the idea. We are looking to hunt in Wyoming in 2022 and each have at least one preference point for each animal. Having never hunted out west or used a guiding service I am a bit overwhelmed with options. Googling for outfitters brings up unlimited options. Any first hand experience good or bad, suggested outfitters, tips or insight would be greatly appreciated. I checked out the outfitters thread but they were anemic to say the least.

Chance Marshall, Extreme Outfitters or Pronghorn Guide Service. Both highly recommended, unit options will be limited with just one point unless you get lucky in the random draw. Some decent units are 15/20 percent odds or so in the random.

We used timberline outfitters in Cheyenne this year for a first time antelope hunt and they were great to deal with. I quizzed him about how many points I would need to get a mule deer tag for the ranch we hunted on and he said I should be able to draw with 1. We were able to draw an antelope tag with 1 this year.

My 70 year old father is interested in going on a Mule Deer and Antelope hunt and I am beyond excited at the idea. We are looking to hunt in Wyoming in 2022 and each have at least one preference point for each animal. Having never hunted out west or used a guiding service I am a bit overwhelmed with options. Googling for outfitters brings up unlimited options. Any first hand experience good or bad, suggested outfitters, tips or insight would be greatly appreciated. I checked out the outfitters thread but they were anemic to say the least.
Woods River Lodge Meeteetse Wyoming. My friend Dave Evans has a nice website. I'm hunting White Tail bucks with him next month.

Thanks everyone for your input so far. I'm amazed by the wide variety of prices, landscapes, accommodations etc. I never knew these places booked up so far in advance, I will definitely start my search 2 years in advance on my next go around.