Choose ONE Remington M700 CLONE.....and WHY???

Borden.
I've been using an Alpine (s/a clone) in a Hunter benchrest gun and have done very well with it. Jim is also a great source of information, experience and expertise. Makes a true medium action as well.
The timing of an action is oftrn overlooked. I have 3 Borden actions all and are all smooth operating. True in all areas and no issues with trigger's etc. I have other manufacturers actions as well but none are better. In some cases I have gotten Borden to true them.

Last edited:
A very simple question, "IF" you were going to choose a CUSTOM Magnum Action that is roughly based on the Rem 700 Long Action (same "footprint"), Which would you choose and Why????? :cool:
Like asking what color is your favorite shirt? Many are excellent. I guess me favorite is the defiance rebel. So many options and you can even go controlled round feed.

A very simple question, "IF" you were going to choose a CUSTOM Magnum Action that is roughly based on the Rem 700 Long Action (same "footprint"), Which would you choose and Why????? :cool:
Deviant ultralight. This 6.5 SAUM weighs 7.5 lbs with the manners EH6A and a 26 inch Proof Sendero Light and radial brake. 20200115_202106.jpg

I'd choose a second Kelbly Atlas because I'm familiar with it, I like the way it cycles, and has been very reliable for me in some brutal hunts.
Support is outstanding and it is the basis of my most accurate rifle. I'm actually surprised to see it mentioned so many times in this thread, it doesn't get a lot of talk on other forums.

Might look at the 3 lug Terminus action. With 60 degree BLT lift. I have one on order now. Just hooked on the 60 degree lift. Have three sako actions with it. Bat and curtis action also have 60 degree lift.

I'd choose a second Kelbly Atlas because I'm familiar with it, I like the way it cycles, and has been very reliable for me in some brutal hunts.
Support is outstanding and it is the basis of my most accurate rifle. I'm actually surprised to see it mentioned so many times in this thread, it doesn't get a lot of talk on other forums.

it's pretty cool seeing it pop up so much on this particular post. You don't see a ton of people mentioning it. A lot of people don't realize you can get prefits and switch barrels for it.