Choose ONE Remington M700 CLONE.....and WHY???

mindcrime

A very simple question, "IF" you were going to choose a CUSTOM Magnum Action that is roughly based on the Rem 700 Long Action (same "footprint"), Which would you choose and Why????? :cool:

I have shot almost every action out there.
I have several of my own.
I am liking the Kelbly Atlas Tac more and more.
Priced lower than most other customs.
Smoothest actions I have shot.
Mechanical ejector/no springs
Side bolt stop/release
Comes full Nitrided
Fluted bolt
Pinned 20 MOA rail included
Dual pinned recoil lug

The only thing I wished would be for a milled in recoil lug and Picatinny rail.

Defiance would be my second choice for a steel action.

Lone Peak Fuzion for a TI option.

With my limited experience I have been extremely happy with my Kelbly atlas tac as well. I only own 2 different actions, and have shot/spent time behind 5 different ones and I've been impressed with the Kelbly. Especially for the money it's so tough to beat. Mechanical ejector, love the idea of the trigger hanger incase it ever goes down, super smooth, and a family run business. They are incredibly easy to get a hold of, and they spend time with you going over any questions, concerns, or problems!!

id love to try terminus or Curtis, bighorn and a few others though

I like the Surgeon action which has given me several years of hard use. Smooth, reliable, and enough clearance for handling "dirty" conditions. I would also consider the Bighorn TL3 which, while not nearly the same track time as the Surgeon, has also proved to be quite reliable with exceptional smooth feeding with the CRF action and mechanical ejector.

Last edited:
I'm very fond of the ARC Nucleus actions at the moment. I've had BAT, Defiance, Borden, Bighorn, Impact, Kebly, ARC Mausingfield and Surgeon actions and they're all excellent, but the Nucleus seems to offer the right options and feel for me. I have an original Gen 1 Nucleus with the 72° bolt rotation and one of the newer Gen 1.1 Nucleus actions with the 80° rotation and I prefer the newer 80° over the original.

A very simple question, "IF" you were going to choose a CUSTOM Magnum Action that is roughly based on the Rem 700 Long Action (same "footprint"), Which would you choose and Why????? :cool:
Surgeon 1086R

It is made of Chromoly steel, has an integral bolt handle, integral recoil lug, integral scope rail. It has clearances that will function with whatever finish you choose, including Cerakote. It has an anti bind rail across the ejection port and there is a rib in the left hand bolt lug raceway that will aid in single feeding if you have the need. The bolt release lever fits into a boss on the action that actually provides enough meat for a pin hole.