Choice between Swarovski X5 and Z6

Toydy

I am after a scope for my 28 Nosler and have narrowed it down to the 3-18 Swarovski Z6 and X5.
Does anybody have experience with these 2 side by side.

I have both. The Z6 is a 2-15 x 44 with BT, the X5 is 5-25x 56. Both non illuminated. The clarity in both is equal. If you are gonna shoot way out there I would go with the X5. The deal camera land is running right now is the way to go. 1800 for a demo.

Thanks for the replys.
My 28 Nosler should get out to around 750 yards with a 200 yard zero and keep within the elevation limitations of the Z6. So would the X5 be worth the extra $900?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys.
My 28 Nosler should get out to around 750 yards with a 200 yard zero and keep within the elevation limitations of the Z6. So would the X5 be worth the extra $900?
At 750 or less the 6 will be fine. 1000 or more and the 25 power is the way to go.

I am after a scope for my 28 Nosler and have narrowed it down to the 3-18 Swarovski Z6 and X5.
Does anybody have experience with these 2 side by side.

Does having a larger scope up top (x5 is 50-56mm vs z6 may be had at 44mm) bother you?

For me, at that distance as well as for any hunting, the balance of a smaller scope would far outweigh the perceived increase in brightness from the larger objective.

Now, a 2.5-15x38 or x40mm X5 with a 4WX-i+ would be really sweet. Too bad that doesn't exist.

Does having a larger scope up top (x5 is 50-56mm vs z6 may be had at 44mm) bother you?

For me, at that distance as well as for any hunting, the balance of a smaller scope would far outweigh the perceived increase in brightness from the larger objective.

Now, a 2.5-15x38 or x40mm X5 with a 4WX-i+ would be really sweet. Too bad that doesn't exist.
It is not the larger objective that makes the X5 far superior. It is the turrets.

Last edited:
Right. But unless those come in a smaller form factor then their awesomeness is slightly less than could be.

I could not disagree any more. I would NEVER run the crappy turrets on the Zs and I would never go under 50mm for a LONG RANGE(really any) hunting scope. The Zs are ok for short range when not dialing but even at that a larger objective does allow more light which is one more plus. If you gave me a Z and said I had to use it or not take it I would tell you to keep it.

X5 hands down. The Z6 can't dope out far enough for that caliber. I owned both and I'm now all NF ATACR. The Sworos have amazing glass but just didn't have the ability I personally needed when I started getting past 700 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.