Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock

I have that same stock, just right handed. First off, they are heavy. So if you're trying to save weight get a Boyds thumbhole or something. Other than that, I really like the pistol grip, cheek pad and rear elevation adjuster. Having the sling swivels on the sides is WAY better, makes the gun lay flat on your back, much more comfortable.

i had one on my 300 RUM. loved it like everyone said about it is true they are heavy but stable and quite adjustable, i particularly liked the sloped front end, and sliding swivel, made elevation adjustments a breeze, as well as the rear mono-pod, once i was close on target in scope the rear pod made final adjustments precise

I found it to be bulky and not overly easy to make adjustments with at the range. I much prefer my McMillan A2 with similar adjustable cheekpiece and length of pull. The stipling of the forend and grip is also so rough that I scraped open my knuckle on the forend when reaching forward.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.