Choate tactical stocks?

jrw1976

Ok gentlemen I am really interested in choates savage long action tactical stock. I would like anyones educated opinion good or bad on this stock. The only thing I can come up with is it might be a tad heavy which doesnt bother me in the least. Other than that it looks like it will be right up my alley.

Thanks, JRW

I have had a few of them and I like them. For the price they are hard to beat and they make a 300mag kick like a 222. They make it much more enjoyable to plink pop cans at 3-400 yards.

I use one for shooting at the range and swap into the lighter stock for hunting with my featherweight magnums.

I didn't bed them as I switch guns around in them. I have several guns with the same action that fit in them so I use one stock on them.

The guns I use in the choate aren't tack drivers but in general I would say accuracy improved a little but it should since it is a more stable platform and easier to shoot well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.