Cheytac based rifle cartridge owners

There's a guy in the classifieds selling a Noreen ULR action that is sized for Cheytac and BMG based cartridges. I think he wants like $1,095 or something like that. I remember seeing the ad a while back, but not 100% on the details...

Did a quick search and found it...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...en-firearms-ulr-action-jewell-trigger-103339/

Nevermind, just flipped to the end of the thread....It sold already. My bad, just trying to help.

Mi shoot a 375-408 variant (375 Allen Mag).

It's on the big Bat M.

Once you get that sucker to the top of mtn you pretty much own all you can see.:D

A 350 SMK @ 3250 MV is a bit exhilarating.gun)

MOA size rocks simply explode.:D

I bought the action and barrel from a member here. He had a mind change.

I still missed two seasons waiting for it.

If some one is really drooling over one of these hammers, she's up for grabs. Not cheap, though.

Roy,

Having given her a test ride I can attest that she is a sweet shooter. If it was in the budget right now i would probably be taking you up :cool:

Roy, I'd like to see a picture of that rifle....I have absolutely no need for something like that, but it's always fun to drool over someone else's stuff. :D

Frank7mm:

If you are looking for a CT-capable repeater (without going to 50 BMG size), the only current games in town are (alphabetically):

1. Barker Machine "Overwatch" - John has been almost impossible to reach and it is quite unclear whether he is selling only the action - listed pricing is for a barreled action. Try calling. [BTW, the Barker action that Dave Viers/Black Diamond mentions on his 375 VM2 page also notes, "Repeaters are not available at this time due to the length of the loaded round ( 4.600"), it will require a special action." So, presumably, the Barker action he mentions would be a single shot. Rather a mixed message since that would not provide a longer port - presumably the issue when he mentions OAL - unless the Barker was enlarged - thus, presumably a repeater. Possibly he is assuming using the Barker as a shell-holder style action, thus not using the port (or even having one). As noted, a mixed message. A call to Dave, if you can reach him, might get you some clarification - and possible a source...IF he would part with one.]

2. Mountain Rifle Company/MRC "Professional Hunter" - rather difficult to tell what is shipping as there is no decode between the various model designations (which includes shipment status) and the cartridges supported.

3. Snowy Mountain Rifle "600" - definitely need to call as they no longer list actions or barreled action standalone.

4. Stiller "Tactical 408"

5. Xtreme Machining with .800 boltface - I have never been able to get a response from these folks and their site hasn't changed (as best I can tell) in over two years.

Specs on the above (as best I have been able to compile them) are in my "Receiver Matrix".

FYI, BAT does not currently build a repeater - and their lead times are just short of obscene. And the Barnard P-Chey is also only a single shot.

Frankly, were I to be in purchase mode right now - for a repeater - I'd PM Joel (Russo) and make sure he understands you are a VERY serious purchaser.

Good hunting for your hardware and God Bless!

Last edited:
I've received a few PM's inquiring if we are accepting pre-orders. Unfortunately, we are not taking orders yet. We're close but not close enough:)
My loyalties lie here on LRH, so the family will be the first to know when it's time.
We will activate the website shortly, and you'll be able to access the details there as well.
Thanks Gents~

If your looking for a single shot, I highly recommend the BAT Model MCT 1.53"x8.5" single shot receiver. its the very best I have used and the only one I recommend for my customers XHS rifles in my 408 CT based wildcats.

The Stiller single shot is a decent single shot, I call them utility custom receivers. Will get the job done but fit and finish is by no means close to the BAT. That I feel is by design. I think the Stillers are ment to be able to be thrown in the mud and dirt and still function well but not sure I know anyone that would throw a $4000-$5000 rifle in the mud and dirt!!!

For a repeater, I fully admit, the Stiller repeating 1.600" TAC408 is probably the easiest game in town and that is the one I use most often with the Baer 7 round DM system.

As mentioned there are several others, many are so close to the stiller that they could be called clones to each other.

For a US made receiver for a single shot 408 class weapon system, the BAT is the tops. Yes they can take time to get but this is a serious investment, plan on being patient and in the end, you will be much happier with your investment as well as your final product.

BAT also offers a left hand version. If Joel offers a CT class receiver made to the same quality of his stocks, it will also be world class for sure.

That was my thoughts also. Joel does some **** nice work I do not expect to be disappointed. That makes the wait bearable.gun)

The wait for customers is by far the most frustrating part of getting a rifle such as this produced. Us as manufacturers know this and do our best to get the rifles out in a timely manner but its far more important to us that when you get the rifle in your hands and the first time you take it out to the range, you FORGET about the wait and the investment cost and all you think about is how happy you are with your new rifle!!!

The wait for customers is by far the most frustrating part of getting a rifle such as this produced. Us as manufacturers know this and do our best to get the rifles out in a timely manner but its far more important to us that when you get the rifle in your hands and the first time you take it out to the range, you FORGET about the wait and the investment cost and all you think about is how happy you are with your new rifle!!!

The wait for my 375 Allen was almost more than I could endure. Now I have it right down stairs. My first shot was just to see if I could handle the recoil. My first thought, after tripping that Jewel trigger was, "What recoil".

I haven't shot it beyond 700 yards or so. :rolleyes: But the groups shot by others @ 1k by others, one shot each, impressed me with their small size.

I could sell it for enough to purchase a UTV, Terrapin, MOA reticle spotter and a LR camera system.

After this thread, and Broz's LRMK thread, the ol' ELR flame has been reignited.:)

I'll forgo those other toys and in due time will go the Terrapin route. Hell, I can still walk darn good and goat a ninja goat to carry the "Big Girl" and associated stuff.

One mile here we come.gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.