Chevy driver buys Ford!

rifletuner

Well, not quite – but close! Other than a handful of Nightforce and B&L scopes, I have been a very happy and loyal Leupold owner. I like them a lot and generally recommend them to anyone buying a new scope.

But, recently I needed a 4.5-14 scope and at some urging from my gun smith, I decided to try a Weaver Grand Slam. My previous experience with Weaver scopes has not been great and up till now I have given them a pretty wide birth. However the Grand Slam came with a very strong recommendation from my gunsmith, so with some trepidation I bit the bullet and bought one.

I must admit I am impressed. The optics are at least on a par with the Leupold Vari III and they come standard with a low profile target style adjustment (I dial in for long range shots - no holding over for me). I am going to put this on a long range hunting rig and will hopefully try it on game in a month or so. I will let you know how it goes.

Fergus

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.