cheek rest? help

emn83

So, I got my new rifle and absolutely love it. I only ran into one little problem. When I was doing some prone dry fire practice in the sim-range I made up in my basement (noting fancy, just an itty bitty target on the wall, and my rifle 8 yards away), I realized that In order to see through my scope, I'm pretty much riding my jaw bone on the stock, and not getting a good cheek weld. This was not an unforeseen issue. So now I am looking at getting a cheek rest for the rifle. because of the design of the stock, I'm pretty certain a permanently attached cheek rest is out of the question. I'm looking for suggestions for a good cheek rest that might work with my stock, or alternatively, a way to make a cheek rest for the stock.

Here are a couple pictures of the stock:

1103120843a.jpg

1103120843.jpg

Thanks

+1 on the Scope Eze from Brownells. It can be cut and fitted to rollovers,and comes in various heights and slim side designs so it doesn't throw your eye off center. Low cost as well.

From the looks of it on your other post, you should get a lower set of rings. That will help a lot, and keep your cheekpiece lower. Get the scope almost on the barrel. I would try to try some layers of something and see what it takes to get comfortable.

From the looks of it on your other post, you should get a lower set of rings. That will help a lot, and keep your cheekpiece lower. Get the scope almost on the barrel. I would try to try some layers of something and see what it takes to get comfortable.

lower rings will be coming. I am changing scopes so when I get the new scope, new rings will be a must (going from a 1" to a 30mm main tube), just need to fgure out bare minumum height I can get away with before getting rings. Part of it of course, is also the 20MOA base, raises the back end up pretty good.

Hi, A friend and I use the Tourbon cheek pad and cartridge holder. Purchased from Amazon for around $33.00. It comes with 3 rubber risers so you can match to the height of your rings.

For a really cheap option, get a neoprene knee or elbow pad (whichever fits around your stock) and buy a few beer coozies...you know, the ones at walmart or your local tourist trap that are made of closed cell foam and cost like a $1 each. Cut the coozies into strips that fit the top of your stock and use the knee or elbow pad to hold them in place.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.