Checking in From South Korea

nicholst55

Howdy! I'm a Department of Defense Civilian stationed at Camp Casey, Korea, where I've been for the last 20 months. This is my fourth tour in Korea, though my first as a civilian.

I'm a diehard gun guy, and I belong to entirely too many Internet forums. I'm going to be laid up for a while after knee surgery this past Friday, so I'll probably be online frequently.

I'm a retired soldier, specializing in all things Armament. My passion was always small arms, though.

I'm having a tough time, being 8,000 miles away from my guns and other gear, but I reckon I'll survive! Home is currently Harford County, Maryland, though there's no guarantee the Army will send me back there when I leave Korea.

I'm a father and grandfather, and I can't wait to return t the States!

Welcome, glad to have you here. Thank you for your years of service. If I'm not mistaken isn't Korea like a deep freeze about this time of year? If so your not missing much...we're getting another one of those things the weatherman calls an Artic Blast and it's dropped wwwaaayyy south...it's 24 degrees here where we keep company with the gators. Lots of good folks and info here. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.