Checking in from Ohio...

sharkbaittfd

LRH Forum,

Finally making the intro after lurking on the boards for what seems like forever. I have to say that this is an amazing forum with no shortage of great information. Also the hunting destinations are places I hope to visit one day.

My name is Brandon and I live in southwest Ohio. I've been a firefighter/paramedic for about 8 years, 4 of which were in northwest Ohio. I've also spent 8 years in the army and a total of 15 months deployed in Iraq for OIF.

I've hunted deer since about 1999 with a bow and muzzleloader. Only recently have I gotten into hunting coyotes at extended ranges with my stag arms AR. I'm planning a barrel swap to an 18" free float with a nice optic and wicked light in the future. Currently running a shockwave Foxpro and Black Jack decoy with good results.

My wife and I have friend in WY that have invited me elk hunting, and we spend vacation near estes park in CO and I can't tell you how beautiful the country is. But that is why I am here. I'm still trying to assimilate information for a good elk and deer gun that I can use out west. Also it would be nice to get back into target shooting and club shoots. I have to work on targets at range as we don't get too long a shot out here. Heck, last time I shot to 800 yards the gun I was shooting had belt fed ammo.

Thanks for the great forum guys and look foward to hearing from you, and who knows, meeting you someday soon. God bless!

Brandon

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.