• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Check your FFL!! CV-19 /FFL issues

cohunt

Guys, my friend just ran into a problem with all this CV-19 stuff--he ordered a firearm online to ship to my local FFL, before it got here the FFL has now closed citing CV-19 health safety reasons. Therefore the firearm was returned to seller and now he has to pay for additional shipping to a different FFL

Check your FFL to make sure they are still open and accepting shipments, and they they hopefully wont be closing while your firearm is in transit.

just an FYI in these strange times

I have a pistol worth around $6,500 on Gunbroker right now, already has bids on it without a reserve so I can't cancel the listing but I'm worried the possibility of the situation you described will negatively affect the ending price of the auction, or running into issues with the transfer at the buyer's location. Either would suck.

Be smart and DO NOT PANIC! Panic buying and panic actions, in general, make for an unneeded supply/demand deficit. We don't want to see 22lr for 100 bucks a brick again or AR 15s selling for 1500 bucks when, in all reality, are worth 500 bucks. I seen an auction on gunbroker, 2 bricks of 22lr for 100 bucks, starting bid. A month ago a single brick of the same ammo was 14.99. (Seen steel cased 223 ammo going for 400+ a case. 🤔)

I understand the problems you fellas are seeing with shelter in place and quarantine orders.

Please, be safe and smart. This, too, shall pass.

Last edited:
I had a custom gun built that was completed this week. It will probably be shipped next Monday. I usually use my local Scheels for the FFL but I could easily see the Gubment closing them down as non-essential. This time I am using a friend with a FFL who works out of his house. I can just see Scheels getting my gun that I waited patiently for 5 months for to be locked up behind a closed sign. These are different times!

If possible, add to your post (edit) that you will hold the firearm til the buyers ffl reopens, if they close. Actually adds a benefit to the sale, as you are doing the buyer a service....just a thought....rsbhunter

That's exactly what I did after seeing this thread! Thanks for the tip

It sounds like the determination of whether gun stores are considered essential or not is a state by state decision. Buyers need to remember different states have different processes for doing back ground checks. In some states, the state, state police or sheriff run the checks and if they are closed for checks, then even if you can find an open store with a FFL, it doesn't mean you can complete a transfer.
I have two items on order and figure I will need to do some checking just before the items are due to release for shipment. (I also note that I heard yesterday that UPS will no longer guarantee delivery in these crazy times)

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...-shows-states-that-have-shuttered-gun-stores/

Last edited:
And the saving grace to this whole crazy situation is, waiting a couple weeks, or even longer, most likely won't be a life altering thing...I love my toys, and patience has NEVER been my strong point.....but as I get older, it seems that in time, most things work themselves out.....now, if I find a good deal on a br 6 Dasher, I might revert to that 8 yr old kid on Christmas eve!!!!!! be safe, rsbhunter