Check this out.

Ohlongarm

Went out today with the 17 hornet , very windy about 50 degrees sunshine and big white clouds.
Spotted a groundhog 115 yards away, put the dot on his forehead, the wind was howling virtually in the cut beans, squeezed one off and down he went.
I went to the hole and here he was totally stunned but just a crease across his left side look close , reached in and he didn't move. Well I reached in and picked him up and brought him home and released him on a spot where the gh's are thin. But the 17 stunned him totally with this tiny graze. He was okay when I turned him loose , but groggy.

Attachments

• jg.jpg
    jg.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 528
Catch and release?? Hold into the wind
If you didn't want to kill it. Why are you shooting at it?
I have a spot of 26 acres a mile down my road, a friend owns it, quite a few gh's have been taken their by me, it's getting a little thin, so the gh, gods will appreciate my gesture. I'm up over 40 this year. One for restocking purposes. By the way did you ever have a shot go askew in high winds? Just wondering. I still hit him in 35 mph winds.👍

Went out today with the 17 hornet , very windy about 50 degrees sunshine and big white clouds.
Spotted a groundhog 115 yards away, put the dot on his forehead, the wind was howling virtually in the cut beans, squeezed one off and down he went.
I went to the hole and here he was totally stunned but just a crease across his left side look close , reached in and he didn't move. Well I reached in and picked him up and brought him home and released him on a spot where the gh's are thin. But the 17 stunned him totally with this tiny graze. He was okay when I turned him loose , but groggy.
Don't let PITA catch you!!!! Why shoot and not kill. He or she may be suffering brain damage from the first hit.

The slight miss has nothing to do with it.
Hope you grow your own pack of hogs.
Brother
Just keeping in our tradition of have humor and fun along with enjoying our hunting experiences. If it was possible i wish that you could have put the Chuck in an "Animal SAFE Crate" and shipped it to me so I could put into the "Breeding Pool" here in GA. We have thousands of acres of hay fields here, BUT NO CHUCKS. I have to go back to where I grew up in NE PA to hunt chucks in dairy farmers fields. Now those fields are disappearing due to all the Natural Gas wells.
Now since the 'Lets Go Brandon" Administration took over all the Richest Natural Gas Fields in the world are being shut down and prices are skyrocketing!

Tha
The slight miss has nothing to do with it.
Hope you grow your own pack of hogs.
Thank you that's the plan the 26 acres is prime hog habitat alphalfa and soybeans, used by the owner as a deer hunting plot only.
Many have been taken there by me , new breeding stock hopefully. These boys are in abundance there the hayfield is in the foreground.

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 211