Check out this stock

Although it doesn't look like a problem in the video clip, I would be concerned about having enough eye relief when the stock compresses like that. My 300RUM shortens up that distance pretty fast and I'm using a rigid laminated wood stock.

We had a customer come into the shop with a custom .505 Gibbs rifle that put him in the hospital the first time he shot it. The recoil was so bad, that he cut his face with the scope. And it was a low power NXS scope to boot.

We installed this recoil system on his existing wooden stock, and I volunteered to be the "man" to shoot it first. What was I thinking?

I was quite impressed. Recoil was very manageable. I even shot the rifle off the bench without too much discomfort. He wanted us to do some load development... Yeah right..

The only thing we could not reduce was the torque. It almost felt as though I broke a finger or two on my firing hand as they were slammed into the trigger guard as the rifle would twist with torque.

We videotaped to shooting session, and if I knew how to post the video clip I would. The audio is quite funny.

I give the product a "go" after first hand experience with it.

Remember this scope had tons of eye relief, and was low power.

I shot one on a tactical 12 ga and was impressed with it , I have since seen the ad for the Howa Axium(sp) and realy like the look of that setup
I'll have to look around and see if I can get my paws on one to feel it over

I built a similar system into a BMG 50 rifle, It really helped on the recoil, rifle was 30#. Same problem, the scope would get so close you could feel it just brush your eye brow! These work very good on shotguns and rifles with no scopes.

Dave

I recently put the Knoxx Axiom VS stock on my Rem 300 RUM sendero. made a world of a difference. still has recoil but takes that painful sharpness out. most of my shooting is off the bench target...I enjoy shooting that rifle much more now. I have never been scoped in the forehead. I used to worry about it with the regular stock.
I put this on the rifle because I put a similar unit on my rem 12ga 870.
Before this I had modified a Choate ultimate sniper stock by adding epoxied lead to it....rifle weighed about 21 lbs.....
I really love this stock. looks aren't for everyone though.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.