Check out this 100 yard 6 arrow group.

that is an awsome group and to be able to do it consistantly is the key.
Meichele , What kind of vanes are those , they look like the little Blazers?. I haven't shot in any formal comps (3D) since just after highschool and never in the open or unlimited class always just hunter.
So are you shooting 3D or field?

Did you get achance to shoot the Bowtech Guardian before you bought the Tribute? I have shot one several times and love it , super smooth and no shock or jump to speak of just a little thump sound.

I've shot some groups at 100yds or should I say paterns around the 12" range. shooting at 100yds with a bow then at 50 is like shooting 1000 with a gun then 500.
I have an HHA site that i have marked to 100yds but have never shot at any critters more than about 50.

The vanes are "mini blazers". I shoot 3D, (marked and unmarked) FITA (indoor and outdoor) and NFAA field and indoor spots. I have shot the guardian and something just didnt feel right for me. I have also been shooting Tribbys since before the guardian came out. I guess it is just that they feel good to me. I may be switching to a Hoyt proelite or an ultraelite soon though. I shot some of those the other day and was very impressed.

I am actually on my way out the door right now to go shoot some more 100 yard practice ends.

Not bad. Have you tried shooting off sticks? You can shrink that group to half. And, really stretch the distance. Try resting your stabilizer on a pair of sticks or a tripod. It takes some practice, but opens whole new horizons.

I havent tried any type of rest. I have been attending local and national tournaments and there is no type of rests or stix allowed in competition. In fact I am typing this from my hotel room in Fairbanks as I am attending the Alaska State FITA outdoor tourny. Yesterday we shot 90 and 70 meters (99 and 77 yards). Today we shoot 30 and 50 meters. I have trained for this one all summer. The state record is 1368 and I have been preparing to break it. This is my first FITA event ever. Right now breaking it is a possibility but a tight one. The problem is there are 3 guys a head of me right now. I never would have though that if I shot in the 1360's I would loose. I can only hope these other guys shoots the wrong target once. Yeah right! But, it isnt over till the fat lady sings!

Will post the results later.

I've never competed. Sounds like a blast. I love to shoot, especially long. I shoot nearly every day. I suspect competing would introduce another world. Good luck!

I finished at 1342. Most of the outdoor FITA events through out the country have been won with 1340-1345's by the top ranked compound men (amature division). What is funny is that even though I am neck and neck with the country's best amatures, I still took last!! The level of competition up here is intense. We have one pro, one 2007 National marked 3D champion and another that should be a pro. I am not going to get depressed, shooting around this level of competition will only make me a better shooter and competetor.

I am out for a few days chasing more of those elusive white dall sheep.

Later!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.