Check out my gong!

Good detailed photos, looks like the Super Bowl halftime setup
smile.gif

Very funny. But ya know, there just might be some sort of market for these flattened jackets. Hmmm?? We could call them "Jackson jackets". Maybe we make them out of ballistic tips and call them "ballistic ti#s"??

Am I on to something?

This is my first post and this topic interested me because of what I saw yesterday. I was going after some prairie dogs and we were skunked by rain. We went to the range and after a couple hours of shooting started visiting with the owner. I saw he had his 50 out and inquiried about it. He proceded to show me a 5x10" piece of steel that he shot 3 times at a range of 80 yds. The only damage that piece of steel had was a dimple no deeper than the thickness of a dried split pea! Now I've never shot a 50 but jeeminee christmas! I asked how in the world they could work that metal and the answer came back "plasma". The metal is used in New Mexico for crushing rock. I"ll see if next week I can get a picture of it and post it. I thought it was unbeliveable.

4ked Horn

Here's one of mine; just 3/8" mild steel but the cast lead bullets don't do much but splatter at the longer ranges. I have T1 for the other cartridges and it works well. I might add though that from 1000 yds. the '06 using 180 gr. Scirocco bullets will just splatter on this mild steel also! Up close...300 yd. or so....it's a no no on it! That's when I use the T1 plates! When the 550 grainer from the Sharps hits from 1000....no problem to hear a "booooooonnnnnggggg"!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mulhernric800/detail?.dir=/14c7&.dnm=5099.jpg

I\'ve been buying scrap metal

I didn't know to ask or look for T-1
scrap is the way to go - lots of interesting things to shoot at.
My BMG 50 with API do much better than my RUMS or 338 BAR.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.