Cheap scope surprise

dirtboy

You know I had a Cheap $120 3x9x40 HAWKE mounted on my 300 wsm. Till I get enought $$ to get something highend. Haven't really shot it in yet,but wow! As far as brightness and clairity I cant tell the difrence to are vari X 3 Leupold 4.5x14x50. I did multipy side by sides during the day and at last minutes of light and the only diffrence between the 2 was about $400.lightbulb

I will let you guys know how I make out when I take her to the range..lol! I hope they stick, if not no big deal the scope is only temporay. I must say though the glass quality was not bad at all to look threw:cool:

I purchased a 1.5-6x40 Hwke Eclipse with the lighted reticle for short range stuff on my DPMS AP4 .308. I also must say that I too am impressed with the clarity and light transmission. I can not speak for windage and elevation as I have no plans for this being a long range rifle, but for the money, you can't go wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.