cheap scope shooting 1000 yards any ideas

now i know there are tons of scopes out there but what is a good 1000 yard scope for little money?....i wish i could afford a us optics but im just a old country boy hahaha

i was thinking about the Osprey 10x40x50 had one orderd but it was back orderd for a month and a half so i droped it

im just need some ideas for sites i dont really have alot of time to just brows around the net thanks guys.gun)

It all depends on if you just want to shoot at a 1000 or adjust your scope and shoot anywhere in between. Also depends on your max budget. I would assume your budget would be in the $200-$400 range if going w an osprey. I would say any of the lower end scopes can shoot 1000yds but I would not try to adjust them for every shot in between. I have a weaver v16 4-16 power that is my fav hunting scope. You may find one used on ebay for $200-400? A old "World Class Plus" Tasco would do a good job also. I cannot vouch for the china scopes. I had one of the NcStar on a 50bmg that shot great but didnt adjust for ****.Went through 2-3 of em before I got one that would adjust to site in. Great warranty crappy product.
Just my 2 cents
Here is one of those weavers. I highly recommend. I rolled my 4 wheeler with my weatherby and this scope in the gun rack. Held zero for the last 10yrs and shot 4 bulls and 4 deer with it and a bunch of coyotes. I have since changed to the weaver tactical scope for more magnification.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Weaver-V-16-4-1...112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adf026e48

Last edited:
Thanks man I'm shooting a Simmons 3x9 on my savage model 10 right now
It's getting the job done out to about 600 yrds making do with that thing for now but about $ 500 is my limit thanks again

You might try a Nikon monarch, look for sales, or in the used rack. Used rack is where I found my first one, no ring marks, and I won't be retiring it anytime soon.

Sightron doesn't seem bad for the money. Looking at about $250. My dad's got one and clicks out to 750 yards; hits steel every time and tracks very well also.

I tell you what I was kinda think that these forums didn't work but man u guys have been great help I looked at that bushnell that's a good looking scope my local gun shop has one I may just run out and get it thanks alot guys!!!

Try a Super Sniper scope. They are fixed power 10X and 20X x 44mm. It has tactical turretts and good clear glass for the price. Will dial up any range from a 1000 and in, will hold zero and the best of all, you can find them on the net for $200 to $300. I would recommend the 20x if you are going to be shooting 300+ yards on a regular basis. I;ve had the 10X scope for four years now on my Bushmaster AR15 and I hunt everything from deer to coyotes. All you have to do is focus to yards, range your target will the mil-dot and dial in the new settings. GREAT scope for the money.

By the way, this scope was originally designed for the military. It was manufactured by Tasco to mil specs.

There is a 10X Super Sniper for sale in the Optics for sale section of this forum. I have one and agree they are fantastic for the price.

Try a Super Sniper scope. They are fixed power 10X and 20X x 44mm. It has tactical turretts and good clear glass for the price. Will dial up any range from a 1000 and in, will hold zero and the best of all, you can find them on the net for $200 to $300. I would recommend the 20x if you are going to be shooting 300+ yards on a regular basis. I;ve had the 10X scope for four years now on my Bushmaster AR15 and I hunt everything from deer to coyotes. All you have to do is focus to yards, range your target will the mil-dot and dial in the new settings. GREAT scope for the money.

By the way, this scope was originally designed for the military. It was manufactured by Tasco to mil specs.

Ive always been a firm believer in the 'ol adage "A gun is only as good as it's sights" I dont believe you have to shoot a Nightforce, SB etc. to get a good scope, but from my experience you really get what you pay for in a scope. Maybe I'm a gun snob, or have extravagant taste, but I prefer to "rat hole" my cash for what I really want. For what its worth, thats my thoughts....

Get a 20 to 30 MOA rail for your rifle if your shooting out that far. Makes scope adjustments easier. try a SWFA super sniper 10x or 20x. 30mm tubes. These have mildot reticles Have the 20x on my 50 BMG and the 10x on my .308. Weaver is good too. have a 10x target on my .243. I've shot all out and beyond 1000yrds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.