Cheap scope feasibility

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
A bit of wisdom I acquired over the years.
"Only a rich man can afford a cheap scope"
"Cry once"
If your vision is not really good, buy good optics--once.
IMUO

I have a Winchester M255 22 mag. I bought a Bushnell 3.5-10×36 RF scope. $80 on Amazon. It actually is decent. Fit and finish along with glass are OK. Will work great for coyotes and skunks in the yard. The neighbors dogs too.....

A bit of wisdom I acquired over the years.
"Only a rich man can afford a cheap scope"
"Cry once"
If your vision is not really good, buy good optics--once.
IMUO
And here's the third contestant on I didn't read the Original Post

Does anyone have good experiences with cheap scopes? I was looking at the monstrum tactical 1-3 G3 scope. I just thought it was a cool little scope at $140, much like the Nikon P223 3X. Thinking about getting it for my brothers AR. Does anyone have any other scope recommendations < $200?

Also, I know the adage you get what you pay for. I have NF, Bushnell DMRs / LRHS, SWFA HDs so I know what I'm giving up. Just looking for a functional, beater scope.

look at the SWFA scopes. $299.00 for many of their fixed power. they usually have a big sale on Black Friday.
Turrets are good on these scopes. Glass for this price range is good.
Made in Japan by Light Optics Works.
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-12x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-3.html?___SID=U
Just how much 'beating' does the scope need to withstand?
The variable power scopes are more, but they are built to last.
And the 4th contestant on I didn't read the entire Original Post

Does anyone have good experiences with cheap scopes? I was looking at the monstrum tactical 1-3 G3 scope. I just thought it was a cool little scope at $140, much like the Nikon P223 3X. Thinking about getting it for my brothers AR. Does anyone have any other scope recommendations < $200?

Also, I know the adage you get what you pay for. I have NF, Bushnell DMRs / LRHS, SWFA HDs so I know what I'm giving up. Just looking for a functional, beater scope.

Black Hound Optics at blackhoundoptics.com. Use "basinman" as the discount code and save an additional 5% and get free shipping. Lifetime transferable warranty and lots of extras included. You won't be disappointed.

I only read about half the replies but I did not see anyone mention a mount, usually needing some offset AR mounts are hard to find much under $100. Much easier on bolt guns to get away with cheap rings than on an AR. Mac at the Military Arms Channel has a code (watch a recent video) for Primary Arms and when you use it for a magnified optic purchase you get a free mount. Just if you are interested, not sure about limitations on the deal.

JB

I'm pretty sure that PA 2.5X Prism ACSS includes the mount. I've never handled one but my understanding is they're pretty tough.

And the 4th contestant on I didn't read the entire Original Post

And you are just getting started. In 4 pages of this thread and only four? That's not bad, however you do have about 50 more to go 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Recent Posts