Cheap scope feasibility

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
I have a Nikon P223 3x32. It is a great little scope and looks right at home on top of an AR. I took it off and put a cheaper firefield 2.5-10x40 on mine with the built in laser for pig hunting at night with green lights. The firefield is what you expect out of a $99 scope, but it does hold zero and for my use its great. The reticle is heavy and shows up well in the dark with flashlights. If you can find one of the Nikon 3x32s it will probably be one of the clearest options in your price range.

Does anyone have good experiences with cheap scopes? I was looking at the monstrum tactical 1-3 G3 scope. I just thought it was a cool little scope at $140, much like the Nikon P223 3X. Thinking about getting it for my brothers AR. Does anyone have any other scope recommendations < $200?

Also, I know the adage you get what you pay for. I have NF, Bushnell DMRs / LRHS, SWFA HDs so I know what I'm giving up. Just looking for a functional, beater scope.
I have 3 of the Monstrum GH 6x24x50's on 3 of my AR15's for plinking and varmint hunting, and they work great. I shoot out to 600 yards for plinking, and the scopes track very well. I've owned two of these for three years now, and I haven't had a single issue. I'm still running the same batteries in them that they came with. For the money, they are a great little low end scope.

Does anyone have good experiences with cheap scopes? I was looking at the monstrum tactical 1-3 G3 scope. I just thought it was a cool little scope at $140, much like the Nikon P223 3X. Thinking about getting it for my brothers AR. Does anyone have any other scope recommendations < $200?

Also, I know the adage you get what you pay for. I have NF, Bushnell DMRs / LRHS, SWFA HDs so I know what I'm giving up. Just looking for a functional, beater scope.
Also, Cameraland has the Athlon Argos 6x24x50 on sell for i believe $269.00, and it includes a 4 inch sunshade, and rings.

I had a Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10X power scope that actually regret selling. I think they've changed the name/model:

This one:

Probably around $200 to $210 and if they go on sale, I bet you can pick one up for $150 to $160.

Sightron S-TAC line is worth a look.
I have the 3200 I use for break in on new rifles and on my fire forming rifle for my wildcats. Great scope and deserves a better life than I've given it haha.

Vortex makes good scopes for the money with a lifetime guarantee and it doesn't matter how you ruin it, pounding nails or falling off cliffs.

Yes. I have all Nightforce, March and Zeiss, Bushnell ain't a bad optic. Especially on a rimfire.
A Bushnell Scope Chief had the worst fish eye I've ever seen. It accounted for this coldbore 400 yard head shot on this chuck. My handloads and rifle I assembled. Prone slung on rock pile. I kept one eye out for rattle snakes.
11038156_947673621923578_3474355757873834306_o.jpg

Recent Posts