Cheap reload for 7mm rem mag

wisdeerkiller

hello everyone. im knew here and to reloading. i was wondering if there is any cheap .284 bullets i can reload and shoot for fun? havent been able to find any FMJ for it if there even are any. Im shooting nosler 150gr ballistics tips(whitetail).

my last question is going to montana elk hunting what do i go with? looking at 160gr partitions.

thanks

Im not sure as far as a cheap bullet for your rifle I generally work different loads and find out what is the most accurate for my rifle and that is my load I shoot. As far as hunting Elk. The same applies for me I would try to find a bullet/load combo that is accurate and is going to work on game. I like the accubonds or the Berger VLD both are really good hunting bullets with good BC.

Good Luck

About the only thing you can do is watch for sales, blems, bulk, and overstocks. The A-Max isn't that expensive and will shoot bug-holes in most.

The nosler Accubond is a good elk bullet as well and cheaper than Partitions. You can go to shooters pro shop and they sell Nosler seconds. You have to got there about daily to find bullets. I shot and killed an elk last year with a Nosler Accubond second.

Corey

hello everyone. im knew here and to reloading. i was wondering if there is any cheap .284 bullets i can reload and shoot for fun? havent been able to find any FMJ for it if there even are any. Im shooting nosler 150gr ballistics tips(whitetail).

my last question is going to montana elk hunting what do i go with? looking at 160gr partitions.

thanks
Not a fan of the partitions. Poor long range accuracy and not enough expansion on long shots either.

Nosler accubond, Hornady interbond, or hornady interlock, or hornady SST will all perform better.

"Cheap" is not a word I associate with quality components. You'd do better just looking for post season sales and specials on quality factory ammo or components.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.