Changing powder lots within a powder

I've been stuffing powder in cases since the 70's. I used to run through a lot of rounds shooting pistol Silhouettes, never noticed anything I recall from from one lot to another, but it's been quite a few years back.

Same with my hunting rounds. Maybe if I was shooting bench rest I might be able to notice. I've loaded from 223 to 416 Rigby and in between.

Temperature, now that's a different story. Some hard lessons can be learned shooting top of the chart in August under that hot metal roof at American shooting in Houston Texas. What you can get a way with bear hunting in Alaska may not work in South Texas.
That's why I try to work up my max loads in July and August. When fired in cooler temps loads are pretty much all ways milder, so no suprizes.

Consistent reloading is about controlling potential variables as well as you can. This is one that I feel can affect the desired load parameters so why not try to manage it.

X2! Mixing same powder in this manner has always kept my loads consistent since they were now "same lot". I also label with the date I mixed them and the lot numbers that were mixed. Just anal I guess to include lot numbers.
Good idea with the lots numbers you can check for a recall.