Changing POI

I wish it would be only when you are resting your hand on the scope but the real problem is you apply the pressure the crosshairs would move about 1.3" off zero with the pressure still applied but when you release the pressure it doesn't come back to the original zero you had before you applied the pressure.

Your are saying that it does not return back to the original poi but does it return a portion of that amount , say half that amount or less ? You being a PRS compeditor it is possible that you have limited the human error to a point that it exposes the mechanical limitations of of your setup. Have you considered and additional set of rings to your scope to lessen any bowing of the tube between the initial rings when the preasure is applied .

In response to the tight spot on the NightForce turret it very well could be a simple fix. If the set screw that tightens the turret after zeroing is over tightened it can cause a "tight spot" as it will distort slightly and such tight tolerances the of manufacturing of the scope it can "get tight". Try loosing the set screw up and re-torque it a little lighter. The vertical turret with 2 set screws seems to be a little more touchy. Hope that helps and saves you time from sending in.

Brad

Thanks. I will try that and see if it works. An update on the shifting zero. I shot one 5 shot group with the sunshade on and it was about 1" with vertical stringing I checked the shade and it was good and tight. A buddy suggested removing it so I did and then i shot two ,5" groups. Ill do some more testing today

Thanks Brad. I think the screw was too tight. It's kinda a catch 22 the tighter u get the screw the harder it is to turn so then it wants to slip so you tighten it a little more to keep it from slipping

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.