Changing Ballistic Tip to Accubond

I sometimes actually wonder if all the different manufacturers are making all different colour tips and with different supposed design features just because it'd almost be impossible not to be accused of copying someone else's design at this point. We'll have to go retro and demand Remington bring back the bronze point. Come to think of it that's funny, that was the first true tipped hp bullet, and now hornady is claiming the culmination of decades of research and perfection is to use metal and not plastic (the a tip). There is nothing new under the sun, what is has been before.....
I still use the bronze points in my 270 Gibbs. Have I think 6 boxes still.

I still use them in my .308 for large game I have two boxes left
150grn Bronze points ,I recon the are fanflamingtastic always a good clean harvest 1 shot drop don't think I've ever had one go all the way through anything I shot

In my 30.06 I shot the 180gr accubonds and BTs to the same POI out to 200 yds. At the time I never shot beyond that distance. In my .270 Win I've used BTs exclusively and killed game out to a bit over 400 yards without any problem.

My 270 win likes both and groups are similar but poi changes between the two. Not a huge deal at 100 but I sight in at 300 and it is very noticeable at that distance. Both are very good bullets imo.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.