Changes to comeups with suppressor in place?

Brown Dog

Grateful for an idiot-check on the following:

Given no other changes to the rifle (less the threading of the muzzle for the suppressor); once the rifle has been re-zeroed with the suppressor in place…..all my come-ups should be the same as before. [?]
P7170053.jpg

And, off at a tangent:
For those who remember my muzzle scratch post about 7 weeks ago; I just had my first chance to fire the rifle. [glued the action back onto the chassis with the required spacers 3 days ago].
P7170054.jpg

It's been a hot, sweaty afternoon here. I was prone with bipod, firing along a slope and not over-comfortable. First 2 groups at 200m were 1 MOA and I was cussing. Went into 100m and tried there. Still not good. …..but also having one of those days where I don't feel like I'm shooting well (still got a touch of the verticals from the fine Iraqi cuisine!). Much concentration and I was eventually able to achieve 0.4 and 0.5 MOA for 2 consecutive groups …….was the rifle 'settling down' following the reglue or was it me?! ….who knows! Jury's still out about the muzzle scratches; could see some coppering on the lands at the muzzle…something I've never seen on this rifle before…not cool. I shall wait and see what happens.

Final group was 0.6 MOA at 277metres with the suppressor. Ran out of ammo before I could adjust the MPI to the POA! ……back to the loading bench /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hello BD

What suppressor did you go for in the end (I presume there are photos on your post but they wont show up for me)?

My AWP is now due on the 25Th of this month!

It has been threaded and has gone back to the factory for finishing.
They have got a T8 in stock for me if I want it. Not sure what to get now.
I like the length with the T8 but I think it would be handy if you could dismantle for cleaning out as it will quickly get particles rattling around inside etc.

Regards Jeza

jb...thanks; I needed a logic check!

jeza....yup it's a T8.
I agree that the inability to strip and clean it is undesirable; the use of mild steel (rather than stainless) also bothers me.
I looked at all the other options but they were all 'king heavy....the T8 almost makes the AW a 2-man lift; PES or Wildcat etc would require mechanical handling equipment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The T8 is not ideal, but more practical in the short term (ie next time I'm on a long crawl!).

Good news on your AWP..enjoy!! [don't forget to get biathlon straps for it!]

Yup; only an idiot would wear a puffy pink top an make out he's a suppa long range huntin buddy o' mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome back Bud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Would that make a great groundhog rig, or predator zapper or deer elimination tool... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Writing on the blackboard 1000 times:
I shall not covet
I shall not covet
I shall not...
Heck, I want one!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.