Change scope from one rifle to another

Iron Worker

Hey if I want to switch from a 6x24 to a 2.5 x10 on same rifle in field condtions. What type of mounting set up do I need? I want the best./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Very simple. You need a picatinny rail for your base. Available from Badger Ordnance, Richard Near, Glen Seekins and a few other sources. This is simply a one-piece base with specially sized and spaced notches on its top. Usually the base slopes downwards toward the muzzle, about 20moa or so.

Rings are compatible tacticals from the same makers. Bottom line, expensive but simply the best. That is what you asked for, right. We routinely switch scopes, take one off, put it back on with 0 or maybe one or two clicks change in point of impact.

You will need torque equipment to properly tighten the screws in the rings (15-16 inch-pounds) and the bolts holding the rings onto the base (65 inch-pounds). This means you also have to find a Seekonk 65 inch-pound snap wrench and a good torque screwdriver . You can buy a Seekonk kit from Badger Ord., any major tool supplier would have the screwdrivers.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.