Chamfering

Heather

So I'm on the newer side of reloading, only been using new casings. Just got some pulled brass and was aware of some burrs. What about chamfering? Is that something you all view as important? I saw redding had an inside chamfering tool and I did just get one with my Hornady Duo Prep Tool. This may be a stupid question to you all but did not see it in my reloading books (maybe I didn't look in the right place) so was just wondering what your guys' thoughts were?
Thanks

When you get down to details, even new brass should be chamfered on the ID of the neck.

The mouth of the neck can scratch the bullet jacket and create issues with seating, so learn to be sensitive to the force when you seat bullets and you will even be able to detect the difference between seating with brass that does and does not have that chamfer.

No reason to go overboard with the tool either. You just need to make it smooth so the bullet can seat. Just a few light pressure twists is good.
Speaking of deburring/chamfering tools: I've been using the same one by RCBS for about 35 years, and have wondered if I should replace it with a new (sharper?) one. Any thoughts?