chamber cleaning

Akkill

whats the best product for chamber cleaning i have some rust on a rifle i use birchwood bore cleaning and w40 for the action and mechanical parts the rifle is a 7400 weathermaster 30-06 and afther firing 15 rounds it start to jaming so i clean the rifle buth i notice some rust in the chamber and is what makes the rifle jam and failed to eject.

Action Ceaning

Sinclair makes a nice action cleaning kit.The kit comes with a bore mop and a tool for cleaning the locking lug recess area.It works good for cleaning this area of the action and barrel which is hard to get at.You can also get an over size brush if the rust is heavy and work it back and forth.

Last edited:
I started using Wipeout recently after some of the other members highly recommended it. I let the barrel and chamber soak overnight and they both come out clean. Check out this link. Hope it helps.

wipe-out

wipe out nice, i have a clening kit with copper bruches and mops and allso a nilon brush i only need a good cleaning product i hope so :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.