Chamber a 338 edge with a 338 rum reamer?

I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one to think of this :) Great to see others with experience in this. Any issues with the modified chamber?

No issues with the modified chamber. I ran the pressures up to the point where I started seeing pressure signs and didn't start to get extraction issues until the same level I would expect with any other chamber.

I don't think that case was formed by a chamber that has a parallel section. Does your reamer stop tapering at the exact cartridge length? I suspect your chamber tapers end to end. That case looks that way because your chamber is oversized and the case has expanded to fit the chamber except for the web area.

You're partially right. The reamer does taper past the cartridge length, but it was pushed in far enough that it actually cut a portion of the chamber at the max diameter of the reamer.

I need to measure my reamer to see if I need to modify it so it only cuts the .550 base at most. Just a couple details but should be fun again

You're partially right. The reamer does taper past the cartridge length, but it was pushed in far enough that it actually cut a portion of the chamber at the max diameter of the reamer.

It is more than .130" from the base of your case to the front of the ejector groove.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.