CFE223 in cold weather??

Only a SMALL Percentage of Reloader's, have "Problems" with, STANDARD Small Primers and, the # 450 Primers "Seem" to Be, the,.. Cure.
I've stored enough Large Primers to, last Me, quite a few Years and they,.. ALWAYS,. Go,.. Bang !
When Windy and COLD,.. I shoot, a 6 XC with, Berger 95's, StaBall 65 and F-210 M's, going, 3,100 FPS for, Yotes and with,.. NO "poofft's" for, Me
Glad that, the #450's are working, for You !
Just so you guys know, I ran a test with four different primers, Rem 7 1/2, CCIBR4, CCI450 and CCI400, with the CFE223 in my rifle when the temp outside was about 20 degrees. Velocities, according to my Magneto Speed chrono, were all over the map and accuracy was REALLY bad. The hotter primers did not change a thing. I do not have any of the CCI-41 primers. I went back and loaded up 5 rounds with AR-Comp over the CCI450s and made a bughole. I have used the CFE223 for several years in one of my 223s and have been very happy with the accuracy in moderate temps during spring and early summer when shooting rock chucks. This is a new Criterion barrel and I expected sub MOA accuracy with my normal chuck loads. I had to use the loads from my second 223 that shoot 77g STMKs over the AR-Comp to verifiy that the barrel would shoot straight. It gave me a 5 shot group under 1/2 inch.

I've also had, NO Problem's with, shooting W-W 748, in my .223 with,.. Federal 205's.
NOT everyone is, having,.. "Issues" just, a SMALL Percentage and with,.. "some",.. Powders.
So far, IMR 3031, both, 4895's and WW 748, seem to work Fine for Me with, Fed 205's in, .223 in,.. Extreme Cold.
The OP, has,.. HAD,. "Problems" with,. CFE .223
I think the 205 match is generally recognized as a hotter SRP. I'm genuinely interested in this thread. I haven't experienced any cold weather issues with CFE223...yet.

I have used Hodgden CFE 223 for a couple of years in .308win in winter conditions here at 30-75 degrees F. On a recent summer outing had a major overpressure event at 115 degrees F where I experienced a serious bolt jam from overpressure. Killed the pig dead, but my first OP session in 50 years. I Chronied the rounds later in the day after I cooled them to 90 F and was back in business. I now run our ADI AR2208 powder which you sell as Varget which is much safer at our summer temps. CFE223 is no longer available to buy in this country due to no current Winchester agent in this country and also to our Nanny state legislations and associated regulations. It is a good powder at the right temperature range.

I have used CFE223 for a few years to hunt chucks from the end of March to the end of July here in Idaho. I have 26 inch 8 twist barrels and shoot 75 gr Hornady ELDMs. The CFE223 has been a great powder for me. I just replaced one of my 223 barrels with a new 8 twist Criterion barrel and can't get that thing to shoot. Velocities and groups are all over the place. A friend who used to be a competition shooter has suggested that perhaps the CFE is not good when the outside temps hit the teens and low 20's. Chuck season usually varies from about 35 to 90 and it burns well though that temp range. I have some hunting loads from last season that are charged with AR-COMP behind 77g STMKs so tomorrow I'm going to try those and I've loaded up some of my annealed Lapua brass with the AR-Comp and the ELDMs. Hopefully I will finally be able to prove that this barrel will shoot.
Has anyone here had experience with CFE223 in low temps?
My 6.5 Grendel with a 123 gr bullet and 30.9 grs of cfe223 shoots 2550 fps in heat of summer and 2478 fps in winter. And it opens slightly in the cold as well. cfe223 is the fastest 123 gr bullet 6.5 Grendel powder but is sucks for temp stability. The worst I've ever used. Am trying to N133 next. 8208 or H335 are more stable, but slower.

You wonder why the bullet doesn't hit where you point it at. CFE 223 has a velocity rate change of 1.72 FPS change. per degree. That's 172 fps change in 100drg. You missed. 😁

My issue has been taken care of. The CFE-223 has worked very well delivering constant velocities and great accuracy all spring and summer so far during chuck season when the temps are warmer. I tested it with the 77g STMKs and it gave one hole accuracy with SD of 8fps at 85 degrees. So since I only have about 5 lbs of AR-Comp, that is very good in colder temps, I will use that for cold weather loads and the 30 lbs of CFE for warmer weather loads in both of my 223s. That will solve my powder problems and I don't have to try to sell the CFE that I have.

Need to shoot it indoors where it's always 72 degrees …. 😜
You know that people in Texas have done that. There was quite a write up on it too. To me it was very interesting in putting to rest several problems that I had noted over the years. Couldn't explain them either. Learn why! or what going on.

There are times when the US Military does not completely think things out. Back in the 60's and early 70's there was some ammunition that would experience 100 fps changes in velocity for every 10 degrees of temperature change. It's been a long time and as I remember the ammo was not long lived or widely used. While drops in temperature were troublesome, increases in temperature could be downright dangerous due to over pressure. There was actually one M-14 that blew apart on the range during a practice session. Fortunately nobody got injured. Sounds like this may be an issue with CFE 223 hopefully not to this extreme. I have a couple of pounds of it and have had problems trying to obtain and hold a zero with ammo loaded with it. Maybe temp fluctuations are the issue. Will require more experimentation.
I had a friend that lost an eye from a m-14 in the army in 1967.