CFE123 or Varget, which one is more accurate for the 7mm-08?

I tried about 6 different powders in my 7mm-08, CFE was NOT one of them. I tried Varget and it made a huge difference in my rifle. I'm looking for some more VARGET now, which is like finding Unicorn dust.

I tried about 6 different powders in my 7mm-08, CFE was NOT one of them. I tried Varget and it made a huge difference in my rifle. I'm looking for some more VARGET now, which is like finding Unicorn dust.

Haven't been able to get any I've had it in cart along with other powders and loose it at checkout.

We'll get a unicorn before we get Varget LOL

I know NOTHING of the 7-08, but what about IMR 4064?

I see it often on the shelves and even on line. I wonder if it is because the DOD is not requiring as much for the LC 118 rounds with the new rifles being used.

I know NOTHING of the 7-08, but what about IMR 4064?

I see it often on the shelves and even on line. I wonder if it is because the DOD is not requiring as much for the LC 118 rounds with the new rifles being used.

Thanks Shane.

I currently use IMR-4064 on a couple of loads in our 7mm-08's, but running low on it and want more speed out if the rifles. That's the reason for this thread.

Thanks again

Luis

You probably said that earlier, but 5 pages in and I start to blend all these together.:p

Good luck with your quest.

I've used Varget, CFE223 and Big Game with 120 gr BT & TTSX. Accuracy has been good with all three. CFE223 & Big Game will get you more velocity.

Thanks Dean, I'm hoping to get the 139gr SST past or around 2,850 fps with a 24" barrel. We'll see.
I get 2860 fps with my 24" barrel using Varget & 140 TTSX. I'm a little over book max but the accuracy is very good. I don't show any pressure signs with my load.