CFE BLK in .44 Mag Revolver

JPatzig

This might be a long shot, but wondering if anyone has guidance on a starting load using CFE BLK in .44 mag. I have h110, but would like to save it for now. Instead, have a bunch of CFE BLK I have no other use for. Wanting to load a bunch of range loads (doesn't need to be hot) for various 240gr. bullets. Will shoot out of 8" blackhawk and 6" Taurus raging hunter. Speed burn chart shows CFE BLK "in the area" of other powders used for .44 mag. Hodgdon shows load data for the larger pistol mags, but not .44. Thanks.

Not exactly what you're looking for but I recently started using CFE-BLK in a 500 S&W mag. Mid range loads left a TON of filth in the 20" barrel of my Encore. Powder fouling migrated around the cases and left powder residue in the action. Only bringing charges up to near book maximum stopped this problem. CFE-BLK is a low pressure powder but needs to be run at full throttle IME.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Not exactly what you're looking for but I recently started using CFE-BLK in a 500 S&W mag. Mid range loads left a TON of filth in the 20" barrel of my Encore. Powder fouling migrated around the cases and left powder residue in the action. Only bringing charges up to near book maximum stopped this problem. CFE-BLK is a low pressure powder but needs to be run at full throttle IME.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks for this feedback