Cerakote Rifle Pic Thread!

wilkup

I'm getting a custom rifle built by our own, Bigngreen, and he is you g to Cerakote it too. I've never had anything Cerakoted before and want to see as many pictures as possible of your rifles coated up to help me decide on which color suits my fancy.

Please include what color(s) were used?

Hopefully I'll be adding a pic of my finalized product upon completion =)

Pics away!!!

It seems that these rifle are camoflauged so well I am really having a hard time seeing all of them.

I am not going to use Cerekote, but I will tiger stripe my DPMS GII when the temps are a little warmer.

I already know that if it's not cerekote it is just a big waste of time using the other coating product, but I can do it myself.

Little brothers 243 underneath my 260. Rem

image_6.jpg

I'm thinking Socom Blue, Stone Grey, or Sniper Grey right now. The lone action will be getting painted along with my fluted barrel and mounted up on the McMillan Hunter stock pictured below, which has a different barreled action in it to get an idea of what matte black looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 27
Just finished this project. FN SPR action 6.5x47 Lapua. PDC Chassis. Chassis is powder coated OD Green. Barrelled action is Cera Kote Midnight Green.

Attachments

• 102_0746.jpg
    102_0746.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I'm thinking Socom Blue, Stone Grey, or Sniper Grey right now. The lone action will be getting painted along with my fluted barrel and mounted up on the McMillan Hunter stock pictured below, which has a different barreled action in it to get an idea of what matte black looks like.

What action is the bare metal, square one below the stock? I am getting 3 rifles ceracoated by my smith, so I am tagging in for some ideas as well. Thanks for sharing.

I posted this on calsguns, but it has all the info (except exact colors)

I have been waiting for the right time to get a bolt rifle and decided that I wanted a desert tech because of the caliber changes up to .338 and smaller size. I met some of the guys from Desert Tech last year at SHOT and was sold then. Took me a while to finally start to get everything, but I did. I decided to get the FDE chassis to go a bit different from ALL my black guns and glad I did. For optics I decided to get the Schmidt Bender 5x25 with MTC and H2CMR reticle also in FDE (black was on back order 8-12 months). I really like the H2CMR reticle.

So, when I got the gun with the 6.5x47 lapua barrel and scope together and took it out to shoot... I loved it. No recoil.... with ballistics of 300WM, it was great. Only problem was that the scope was orange-ish compared to the gun. I tried to like it as it was, but in the back of my mine I didn't.

So, I began the search to change the gun. I started looking for different camo patterns on the internet that would possibly match the FDE Schmidt but could not find anything good. I was searching digi camo, camo and then ATACS. I think I found one picture after 2 weeks with the FDE Schmidt and Bender, but it didn't look that good. I was refered to OC custom coating by Natalie from West Coast Guns Works in Stanton. Paul is the owner at OC Custom Coatings and we set up a time to meet. He is a good guy and it's a small shop in Placentia. They do all kinds of coatings including gold and chrome plating. I had decided to do a Cerakote in camo, but just wasn't sure on color scheme since there wasn't anything to really go by. I had Natalie meet me there to go over the colors I wanted with Paul. I was going for a ATACS style of camo and wanted to be sure the base color would match the scope. It took about 4 weeks and I am happy with the results. I wanted to have the black of the mount, rails, bipod, pad to stay black and pop with the barrel. Here are some pics of the process.

Minus final color...

Bought the 308 22" barrel while waiting for the cerakote

I really like the one above. Did you do it yourself? If you did please explain. I am with you on the scope. I would have to do it to match.

I really like the one above. Did you do it yourself? If you did please explain. I am with you on the scope. I would have to do it to match.

OC custom coatings did it. Cool guys, they are probably at SHOT show this week though.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.