Cerakote Oven Insulation

Oven wrap insulation, rated to 1000°F
Appliance stores will have old, dead stoves that you can remove the insulation from if you ask nicely. If you're concerned about roaches, bake it first at 450°.

Thanks much! didn't think a heat gun would produce that much heat. The gun locker is a good idea, have seen several on the web like that. I have 40 boards of ridge RMAX Plus 3, but it is only rated up to 250F. I thought about the old stove insulation, but it isn't ridge and it's bulky. There is also n insulation used in vehicles that I saw saw in DiY ovens, but expensive for the amount I need. I am going to contact McMaster CARR. They have insulations that will cover just about every application. Then have to look at how much it costs. I thought about the old stove insulation, but it isn't ridge and it's bulky. I need one layer of insulation glued or screwed to the inside walls and don't want to encapsulate it. After I find a suitable insulation and assemble everything I'll post the information. Thanks again.

The only problem with rock wool is that is too thick. It would reduce the inside measurements of my cabinet from 21"x24" to 17.5"x21.5" plus it would have to encapsulated by putting additional sheeting over it to prevent fibers from blowing around in the oven and getting on the cerakote.
I'll have to try the heat gun trick in my fireplace. Thanks

Foil backed rigid insulation 24" X 48" X 1", R4.3:

McMaster may not be the best source for this stuff, but they are easy to order from. Watch the shipping.

Foil backed rigid insulation 24" X 48" X 1", R4.3:

McMaster may not be the best source for this stuff, but they are easy to order from. Watch the shipping.
I got mine from an auction for dirt cheap. It is the same stuff though

The insulation I got, I call rigid but is really pressed fiberglass? It's not a roll but maybe rigid is the wrong word. The main thing is that it is fiberglass and I noticed the first time I used it that those little fibers will get in the finish. I sealed each seem with the red high temp RTV from Autozone. That improved the temp control and removed the problem with the lose fibers. Also gave it that racing look with the red pin stripes. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.