Cerakote or bead blast ID

I have the barrels on my rifles bead blasted to minimize those marks just take some real fine steel wool and some hoppy's number nine and rub the barrel down it'll be all one even color and it won't show the rub marks .when I get home I can get you some pics if you would like to see what they look like.

Sure! I'm interested to see what the results look like

I have the barrels on my rifles bead blasted to minimize those marks just take some real fine steel wool and some hoppy's number nine and rub the barrel down it'll be all one even color and it won't show the rub marks .when I get home I can get you some pics if you would like to see what they look like.
I'd suggest a fine scotchbrite pad on a stainless barrel vs steel wool.

I believe the guys at Bartlein told me to use a scotchbrite pad. Now that it was mentioned,
IMG_20210514_180601043.jpg

but I used super fine steel wool on these.

I believe the guys at Bartlein told me to use a scotchbrite pad. Now that it was mentioned,View attachment 274237

but I used super fine steel wool on these.

Those look nice. So what exactly did you use a scotch Brite pad on? Are you saying you used it on the entire barrel to make it look bead blasted? Or you used it to remove the scratches on a bead blast finish?

Was the price the same for bead blasting vs cerakoting?
I didn't ask about cerakote pricing. I wanted to go with bead blast because I assumed it would be similar in appearance and durability to the one on my action. I would have went cerakote had I known it would be more durable!

The listed price on my receipt was a bit different than what he quoted, so I don't know. He quoted 350 for barrel chambering, fitting, and squaring receiver face and 100 for BB. But, my receipt was 400 for the barrel work and 30 for BB and 45 for opening the barrel channel. 🤔

Just the barrels were bead blasted. When I got them back I had the same issues that you had . It seemed like all you had to do is touch or bump them into something and it would leave what looked like a scratch or rub mark . So I used the scotch Brite pad on the bead blasted barrel . Doing so gave the barrels that nice even color and finish.
It is still a non coated porous stainless finish so stuff like blood kinda likes to stick to them. But a quick once over with the scotch pad cleans them up perfectly.

Just the barrels were bead blasted. When I got them back I had the same issues that you had . It seemed like all you had to do is touch or bump them into something and it would leave what looked like a scratch or rub mark . So I used the scotch Brite pad on the bead blasted barrel . Doing so gave the barrels that nice even color and finish.
It is still a non coated porous stainless finish so stuff like blood kinda likes to stick to them. But a quick once over with the scotch pad cleans them up perfectly.

Well that's good to know. Thanks for the tip!!

What color pad? The regular old green and yellow type?

Yeah when I use a scotch pad I usually only have the green ones at home so that's what I would use but right before I took the picture like I said I did it with fine steel wool