Central Washington

I love to get together too if my schedule allows it. I would probably learn more than just reading about things on the internet. Summer would probably be best for me

Erik

Yeah right Monte, you stay in the top standings enough at matches to not worry about embarrasing yourself!
Maybe see you next week at the 2008 West Coast Tactical match?

If the Plumber is shooting, everyone better be in top form..... ;)

lito,

Only if those matches are KD and have windflags ;) ... the UKD and 'field' matches still give me fits... like the WCT match and our little 'get-together' in Oregon last year :/

Same for everyone, although getting out and doing a bit of UKD shooting sure helps. Keeping your Data Book up to date too. Or just using it at all. I'm week on that myself, take for granted it'll be "close" too much of the time, but from spring load work to summer matches can sure 'get-cha'.

It all just requires some shootin'.

I too am in Yakima

I also live in Yakima. I recently moved my family back after having grown up here. Ever do any 'yote smackin' ?

Moses Lake here!

A Wenatchee or Yakima shoot in July/August would be great! TriCities at Rattlesnake Mountain might work too!

I have a lot to learn and know some here could help!

Bill

Rocks

I also shoot up in High Valley (L T Murray) and there's a few places where we shoot up in the hills on Chinook pass. A lot of times we just drive the hills looking for long range rocks that need busting.;) There's a ton of places like that, it's the places where target setup and access is easy that are hard to find sometimes.

I live not far from Central Washington in Boise, ID. The foothills north of town are grass covered and I have permission from a local rancher to roam his 36,000 acres. It is my favorite way to shoot. I roam the hills and valleys looking for game size rocks and vital area size rocks at all ranges and at all atitudes. I'm shooting up hill, down hill, across valleys etc. I can shoot at virtually any range I like, but I don't remember ever taking any shots longer than about 800 yards. It is a great experience and I am fortunate.

I had one of my sons come home this week after having been gone for two years and so today we went up and shot. He has never done this kind of shooting before. It was great to see him smile and laugh as he pulled the trigger on 600 yards shot and then after waiting for what seemed forever saw the powder come off of the rock he shot- even if the rock was four feet square. It was a great experience for us.

I''m glad to hear that others enjoy busting rocks the way I do.

Tri-Cities here. Just got qual'd as Range Officer at Rattlesnake. JohnnyK

You da' man Johnny..Way to volunteer. So does that mean you can enter the 1000 yard line anytime you like. I thought I read that R/O's needed additional training for that.

I'd like to be able to do that. But, my work schedule and overtime probably wouldn't allow me to take the R/O class, as I live an hour and a half away.

Congrats on the R.O johnnyk, I want to start getting down there atleast once a month from my regular spots, once I get better at closer ranges and get a couple of new rifles built for that kind of shooting.

Erik

I just found the site for the rattlesnake range. I'll be there this weekend. I talked with one of the guys there and it sounds reasonable. They have gongs set up at the public range at 250, 350, and 450, as well as the 1,000 yard range. Between work and golf I should be able to do some shooting. I'll probably be there right at 9:00 on Saturday since it's going to be hot. If anyone else is going or thinking about it let me know. I'm going in the tri cities Thursday through Tuesday AM if anyone wants to grab a beer, I've also got tee times if anyone wants to join us golfing as well.

PM me and maybe we can shoot some targets or BS. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.