Central Washington

ss7mm

Central Washington, the "Palm Springs" of Washington like the sign says.:rolleyes:

If all the guys out west would at least get their state, and maybe also the city, in their profile it would be nice when questions etc. come up.

Last edited:
I agree whole heartedly! It's nice to know if the person your talking to (typing to I guess) is someone you may actually run into or meet at some point.

ss7mm,

Where do you usually shot LR? Out at the Lt. Murray, or maybe the firing center? We've got a great place up in the hills that we shoot.

My buddy, who also has a 270 AM, has access to some private land through the outfit he works for just outside town at the edge of the sagebrush. We can shoot out to 800 yards there.

I also shoot up in High Valley (L T Murray) and there's a few places where we shoot up in the hills on Chinook pass. A lot of times we just drive the hills looking for long range rocks that need busting.;) There's a ton of places like that, it's the places where target setup and access is easy that are hard to find sometimes.

Hmmm... there are enough of us here from Washington state - maybe we should have a get-together at some point? F-Class is my main game, but I'm open for steel, clays, whatever. I certainly don't mind being embarrassed; I need more UKD practice on targets that don't look like big black bullseyes ;)

Monte

Michael A.

how you liking your Edge? Did shawn build it? I'm sure you know of the Mica range. That is my usual hang out for my custom 300 rum. I'd look to see how that edge runs.

spokane wa.

New to Eburg. As soon as the snow goes off I gotta find a place to shoot. I prefer somewhere without 600 pickups an hour. (Durr Road) Any good ideas?

The Colockum has places where you can shoot for miles if you want to. Look at the sagebrush stuff between the timber and the Columbia out north and northwest of Kittitas.. Only reason I know this is because I hunt elk in there.;)

There's probably places north of Eburg also, I've just never spent time up there.

If you stay on the Durr road, cross the creek and up and over the ridge you will get into some places where you can shoot long on the south side of the ridge.

ss7mm,

I actually live near Whistlin Jacks. We have a great place for 1k+, it's across a canyon which creates some fun times with winds. Access is by atv or jeep which keeps it "private" for just me and my shooting gang. You should come up and try it out some time.

Sedro Woolley on the wetside of the state. My buddies and I find a few places to shoot 100-200 and have a great place (private) to shoot out to a thousand and maybe even further. I wish they would get the Skagit Shooting range going as it is supposed to have a 1000 yard range. They've been talking about it for years now, so I won't hold my breath.

New to Eburg

Thanks,
Sounds like some good ideas.
I just got a 300 RUM in a Sendero $$yikes$$ and started getting reloading room put together. You gotta know how much I wanna squeeze off a few in that new barrel. Came here at the end of about 3 moves in one year and reloading stuff is scattered from hell to breakfast.
If there is any organized shoots or disorganized for that matter I would be interested in seeing how this long range stuff works. Like everyone I have my own axe to grind in a long range capacity. Not people anymore, just an elk that should never have escaped, and no tolerance with my inability to change that.
Later.

You guys make me want to move to the other side of the mountains! It'd be awesome to have a WA meet set up where some long range shooting could be done. I'd love to learn a few things from you guys. My father-in-law lives in the Teannaway valley, so I'd have a place to stay overnight if an all day meet was set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.