Central Texas Gunsmith

catorres1

I need a gunsmith, preferably in Central Texas, to put together a rifle for me. The smith I was planning to try is not taking on any new work for the foreseeable future. Trying to build a long range 65 shooter off of a remington action. Need it trued, rebarreled, barrel blued or coated or whatever, stock bedded, maybe a new trigger installed.

Any recommendations of cost effective, but decent builders would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a GAP etc., I am not a competitor either, but don't want a shade tree mechanic either.

I would prefer somewhere in central Texas, but will travel or ship if I have to.

Thanks!

I'm working with west Texas and talking to Clayton. Good dude!!!! All the people there have been great. Good communication. Not sure what price is reasonable. But they didn't break the bank.

I have a Hill Country Rifles 375 Ruger that I love. I have multiple friends with Alamo Precision rifles that all shoot great. You can also call up Dave Whitson from Shark Precision in the Dallas/Plano area. I just talked to him yesterday and he's not too busy right now and could get something done pretty quick.

I need a gunsmith, preferably in Central Texas, to put together a rifle for me. The smith I was planning to try is not taking on any new work for the foreseeable future. Trying to build a long range 65 shooter off of a remington action. Need it trued, rebarreled, barrel blued or coated or whatever, stock bedded, maybe a new trigger installed.

Any recommendations of cost effective, but decent builders would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a GAP etc., I am not a competitor either, but don't want a shade tree mechanic either.

I would prefer somewhere in central Texas, but will travel or ship if I have to.

Thanks!
Hill Country Rifles comes to mind first, and if he's still in business Garland at GGG in Stephenville.

I know a young guy in Coleman that is a machinist for his day job and gunsmith nights and weekends. I'm not sure if he'd be the go to guy for a bolt gun but he's done a lot of excellent work on handguns, AR's and PC carbine rifles.

If you want to contact him I can dig up his info. If he isn't your guy then I'd expect him to know some good folks in the area who can.