Central Air Just went out

I lost mine 2 years ago, it was 23 years old....couldn't justify putting an $800 controller board in it. I had limped it along for over 5 years. $6500 less to spend on guns....

I was steelheading in Oswego back in 1978 when over 100" of snow fell in I think 3-4 days. My buddy and I were stuck there until roads were opened up. I had a 1977 Ramcharger and when I tried to drive down a street the snow piled up over my windshield so I was able to somehow turn around and get back to motel. At least they had a well stocked bar! And one hot bar maid!

BTW the heat index where I live is 106 today! DANG!

Check your drip tray. On occasion, they get clogged with mold/mildew and green stuff so that they will not drain. This causes the water to build up in the drip pan, and an auto-shutoff (float valve or similar) cuts power to thermostat. Could be a simple fix if that is the problem. Put bleach into the pan at least every month to keep it clear. I hope you get it working again.

I'm from FL originally and this was a yearly maintenance thing. Also run a snake up from the bottom of the drain tube and down from the top to clear out any algea blockages that may be there

Check your drip tray. On occasion, they get clogged with mold/mildew and green stuff so that they will not drain. This causes the water to build up in the drip pan, and an auto-shutoff (float valve or similar) cuts power to thermostat. Could be a simple fix if that is the problem. Put bleach into the pan at least every month to keep it clear. I hope you get it working again.
This just happened to mine. Evidently I have no auto-shutoff. Water backed up to point it was dripping out the back of the unit. I think it's been that way for months. Didn't notice it before because it's Arizona and I thought maybe there wasn't enough condensation to make it out of the hose that is attached to the bib that comes out the wall. But since we've had a lot of rain/humidity lately, It made me wonder, so I looked on top of the roof to see the dripping out the back of the unit. Got up there and cleaned that out, and sopped up as much water from the bottom of the inside as possible. But then a couple hours later, water was dripping through the ceiling. Evidently I had mold/funk built up in the condensation line after it comes through the roof, 90's in the attic over to the external wall, then goes down the wall to exit on the outside.. So I just said to hell with it and bypassed all that and just ran a line across my roof to drip out over the edge.

This just happened to mine. Evidently I have no auto-shutoff. Water backed up to point it was dripping out the back of the unit. I think it's been that way for months. Didn't notice it before because it's Arizona and I thought maybe there wasn't enough condensation to make it out of the hose that is attached to the bib that comes out the wall. But since we've had a lot of rain/humidity lately, It made me wonder, so I looked on top of the roof to see the dripping out the back of the unit. Got up there and cleaned that out, and sopped up as much water from the bottom of the inside as possible. But then a couple hours later, water was dripping through the ceiling. Evidently I had mold/funk built up in the condensation line after it comes through the roof, 90's in the attic over to the external wall, then goes down the wall to exit on the outside.. So I just said to hell with it and bypassed all that and just ran a line across my roof to drip out over the edge.
Sorry to hear about that. We are $11K more knowledgeable now.

No Air Conditioning
Sorry to hear it man.

HVAC equipment is hard to come by right now to.

I had a 3 ton condenser go out last month,under warranty, and the company had to temporarily install a used 4 ton until they get their back order filled on my unit.

We had no AC upstairs for 5 days in Atlanta during this. Fortunately, the downstairs unit still worked so we just didn't go up there much.