CenterPoint Scopes?

Had one of the 4-16x40 illuminated mil-dot center point scopes mounted on on a .223 it lasted about 100 shots then then windage turrent quit working also couldnt go above 10X within two hours of dark. Not trying to bash anyone else's results but this was just my experience.

i have one on my 8mm mauser. it works just fine. glass is clear (not high end clear but still good enouph) turrets repeat and box. shoots great at 800 yrds gets a little blurry at 1200. i even dropped the rifle once SQUARE ON THE SCOPE. nothin happened didn't loose zero still boxes. great scope for the money. would i rate it with a burris? no but for 70 bucks what do you expect? would i suggest it for an average class shooter who wants to start learning turret adjustments,mildot ranging and is on a budget? yes.

70 bucks for everything WOW! I'm not familiar with Centerpoint so about all I can say is for the money I don't see how there could be IMHO reasonable quality...You usually get what you pay for. Did you look through them...if so what did you think...If not I would and then compare it to some of the high quality name brands.

Ok I admit it....I bought one 2 yrs ago just to destroy it with my 338. I couldnt break it! Held zero too.. I have one on a 223 varmit AR platform (Tac Driver) and on a 30/06 and we know the 06 is sure to have a sharp recoil with a commercial NON bull barrel. Not on my nice rifles because I dont want to deal with the jokes :)

I've had 3 of 'em, and they all worked fine for me...on rimfires! Actually sorta' like the 7 mil unit. Cald. for 10X, at 16 it oughtta' be 2.2 MOA, and all mine worked out to be exactly that (calcd. via reticle rangefinding). Heavy scope, returned to 0 just fine and dandy, but the eyebox is very critical at 16x, and gets washed out with glare easily @ 16. Not bad for 70$ if you want to take a bit of a chance on it. It is guaranteed though, so...??

I checked out a few CenterPoint scopes at the SHOT Show a few years ago. They had low contrast. The stray light was terrible on every model I inspected. I could hardly see an image through any of the scopes if there was bright light in front of the scope. For me, high glare/low contrast is the kiss of death.

Not sure there is a better alternative for less than $100, though.

Yep. They are probably the best "Disposable" scopes on the market. Wouldnt take them down range with me but they work well for hunting and plinking as well as varmits. Not a world class long range optic but a functional tool for those on a budget.

Jimbo

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.