Center Point Optics

ZIMM

Has anyone ever heard of these scopes? A friend of mine bought a
4-16x40mm for his 22-250 and its pretty decent? I know its a elcheapo but for 60 bucks I was impressed. Anyone??????
Z

I am looking at the same scope. I am trying to find out that same answer if it is ok i will get one but i dont want to buy junk. it said that it was water proof and fog proof and shock proof with a limited life time warranty so i was hoping it was ok. if you find out will you let me know?

I am not familiar with them but I have never seen a scope that can be reliably adjusted that cost less than 250 bucks and those are few and far between. Bushnell 3200 or the Nikon Buckmaster are the entry level scopes for long range work IMHO.

Last edited:
I'm with Britz on this. I might would put one on a Ruger 1022, but wouldn't trust them on my hunting rifle.

I have the same scope you are talking about and i have diled it up to 600 and back too zero too many times to count. I havent had a prob yet I would buy it as a temp scope with something better on the way tho.

I had one on my 7 rum (temp), then I put it on my 700 sps 308 (temp), then on my Savage 10 fp 223. It worked great until the Savage, I was putting 5 shots in a quarter at 100yds one week, the next week it was 4 feet to the right at 450 +/- yds when I took a shot at a yote. That was the end of that scope and havent tried them since. But it lasted quite a while.

I am not familiar with them but I have never seen a scope that can be reliably adjusted that cost less than 250 bucks and those are few and far between. Bushnell 3200 or the Nikon Buckmaster are the entry level scopes for long range work IMHO.

Don't laugh, but I have a CP 3-9x50mm Adventure Class scope on my springer air rifle :rolleyes:

As some of you may know, springers are far more brutal on optics than real firearms due to their 2-way reverse recoil (I've seen many high dollar scopes shatter because of this)

I won the scope in a contest on rimfirecentral a few years ago and it's been holding up just fine :)

Although my range is limited to 100 yards, I'm still able to make MAJOR click adjustments and it returns to zero perfectly every time :cool:

Here's an old field test video I made a while back....

YouTube - Center Point Optics Field Test

Optics are clear (although the eye relief is pretty short) and the locking turrets are solid, however, the illumination is useless (makes the entire tube glow) and the crappy flip cap usually pops out and hits me in the eye every 10 shots or so :rolleyes:

That being said, I recommend them highly :)

Power Class is great (unlike the Ad.Class, they have an etched reticle with no tube glow), but at a higher price...

Adventure Class is fine, but be aware that there was a bad batch of 40mm tubes that made it on the shelves last year that have a problem with running out of elevation adjustment (CP has and will replace if needed)

AR Class is crap (unless you're packing paintball guns)

Rick

Optics Planet has Millett 4X16X50 tac scopes with target knobs and a side ph for $177.00. Thats about as cheep as I would go. As long as you dont put it on a cannon it will work well. Bill Maylor.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.