Cellular game camera as a long range shooting camera

So how are you broadcasting back to where your shooting? I'm not looking to record bullets hitting steel, I'm looking for where am I hitting at 1050 yards without having to take a wheeler or walk between every couple shots.
If you have 2 phones, or a buddy along with you, You can always set up "Skype" or "FaceTime" as long as you have cell service and the camera(phone) is close enough to resolve bullet holes in the target... then you have real time data. It might be lagging a couple seconds but for what I think you're wanting, it would work just fine

Do the cellular cams have a field scan mode? You could set that feature to take a picture ever minute or so automatically. I use the felid scan mode on my non-cellular trail cams to try and pick up animals at a distance.

I have the Caldwell camera system linked above. Very affordable and does a great job. Don't sit it to close to the steel...I shredded the cable and had to splice/repair it. That's how I typically learn lessons.

I have Snyper game cameras, they will not do what you're asking. My buddies run Spypoint Evo's (do not get the micro, they are still working out bugs) and they claim they can initiate a picture from the app.

Good luck!

I have the Caldwell camera system linked above. Very affordable and does a great job. Don't sit it to close to the steel...I shredded the cable and had to splice/repair it. That's how I typically learn lessons.

I have Snyper game cameras, they will not do what you're asking. My buddies run Spypoint Evo's (do not get the micro, they are still working out bugs) and they claim they can initiate a picture from the app.

Good luck!
That's the one I have, and no they do not take pics from the app. I really haven't read many good reviews in the Caldwell system.

I have two of the Caldwell systems. I was hesitant to try them myself when I read the reviews. The tripods are...less than I would have wanted but they function. As for the cameras, I used both to record shots at a mile in the humid Georgia air at a charity even I was hosting. They worked flawlessly on a very windy day and we had no problems connecting them or with the video feeds. We were using them to confirm hits on the steel and it worked. Are they the best? Probably not. Did they work for me at a mile? Absolutely. Look, we live in a world where world records are set by factory Savage actions in .338 lapua. Sometimes things work without being the most expensive versions. I recommend trying the Caldwell for what you want.

does anyone know of a cell cam I can take a pic whenever I want to with the use of an app and see photo very quickly after the shot? I bought one and the salesman swore up and down I can do it with the one I bought, low and behold I finally had a chance to play with it a little and no it does not. Looking for other ideas. Thanks
Check out bull's-eye target Cam my friend has one the one mile version and it works great out to 1250 yards for sure that is the farthest we have to shoot

Covert code black allows you to force pictures whenever you want from a cell phone app....about every 30 seconds as long as it has good cell coverage

on my four cell cams "Bushnell aggressors" the field scan wont transmit pics you have to retrieve the card. I have also used spy-point and moultrie none of them transmitted live pics unless the motion sensors were tripped. I use the caldwell target cam it it does great

I was very impressed to find out that systems like this are available. The Caldwell system sells for $284.66 Prime on Amazon. That's crazy cheap for a system that actually works at the ranges and beyond those that are advertised. Read the reviews and questions on Amazon. The usually grumpy people that nitpick and can't figure out how to use something are complaining but with so many great reviews I'm putting this on my short list.

I have places on my hunting leases I can reach out to 500-600yds and on one of my leases from hillside to hillside I can get 800-1200yds but the drive to check the target is 15 minutes due to a bridge being out. This would be a HUGE time saver.

Someone on Amazon mentioned a bunch of YouTube reviews I haven't watched yet but I will soon.

I tend to agree with the cell phone option. There are plenty of basic prepaid smartphones for under $50 (some are free) from places like cricket with a $30 data plan which run skype just fine. Only pay for the month(s) when using the phone. Set up could be as simple as taping the phone to a stick with good view of the target. You would get real time video and audio of the target. I'm thinking pretty strongly of doing it myself now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.