Cell Trail Camera Recommendation

Tommytrees

Hi, Like title says need pro and con of cell trail cam brands. I am preparing for deer season and want to use them but do not have any experience with cell cam's and don't know any one that does. Retail clerks here know even less. Would like info from first hand experience on Spypoint, Cuddeback, Stealth Cam, Moultrie etc. Hope to gain field info w/o getting busted by Bullwinkle.

Thank you in advance for any input. Tommy

I have a Covert and have run it for 1 year now. Awesome performance, but cost $375 so I can only afford one. I bought the 50,000 pics for a year plan for $99 and didnt quite use all of them. About to buy 50,000 more for the second year. Ought to be illegal to have out during turkey season, as it definitely gives the hunter an unfair advantage.

Check you local regs, CO doesnt allow cell cams for hunting, std. trail cams are ok, just not cellular ones.
I have a bushnell at my cabin year round for security-- its hit and miss, seems the app keeps resetting and doesnt always send notifications that I have pics, pics are there if I check though. It eats batteries pretty quick though so I bought the optional solar battery bank. Mine uses at&t, check to make sure you have correct carrier service in the area you plan to use it, my hunting areas dont have cell reception.

I have a Covert and have run it for 1 year now. Awesome performance, but cost $375 so I can only afford one. I bought the 50,000 pics for a year plan for $99 and didnt quite use all of them. About to buy 50,000 more for the second year. Ought to be illegal to have out during turkey season, as it definitely gives the hunter an unfair advantage.
I will check out covert. Thank you !

Check you local regs, CO doesnt allow cell cams for hunting, std. trail cams are ok, just not cellular ones.
I have a bushnell at my cabin year round for security-- its hit and miss, seems the app keeps resetting and doesnt always send notifications that I have pics, pics are there if I check though. It eats batteries pretty quick though so I bought the optional solar battery bank. Mine uses at&t, check to make sure you have correct carrier service in the area you plan to use it, my hunting areas dont have cell reception.
I will have to check hunt regulation for Georgia re: cellular and battery life on all units I consider. Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts