Cell Trail Camera Recommendation

I have a Covert and have run it for 1 year now. Awesome performance, but cost $375 so I can only afford one. I bought the 50,000 pics for a year plan for $99 and didnt quite use all of them. About to buy 50,000 more for the second year. Ought to be illegal to have out during turkey season, as it definitely gives the hunter an unfair advantage.
Liked the first one so good that I now have three.

Clarification on Colorado:
LINK: Colorado 2020 Big Game brochure
See page 15 of the CO Big Game Brochure on Game Cameras, paragraph 13:
It is illegal to:
13. Use live-action game cameras to locate, surveil, or aid or assist in locating or surveiling game wildlife in order to take/try to take game wildlife during the same or following day. (my emphasis to show statement) "Live-action game camera" is any device capable of recording and transmitting photographic/video data wirelessly to a remote device (such as a computer or smart phone). This doesn't include game cameras that record photographic/video data and store such data for later use, as long as the device cannot transmit data wirelessly.

So cellular cameras are legal as long as they are used in accordance to the Parks & Wildlife timing requirements.

I just happen to notice this when I was reading the brochure and circled back to make sure I read it right after seeing this post on CO.

Hi, Like title says need pro and con of cell trail cam brands. I am preparing for deer season and want to use them but do not have any experience with cell cam's and don't know any one that does. Retail clerks here know even less. Would like info from first hand experience on Spypoint, Cuddeback, Stealth Cam, Moultrie etc. Hope to gain field info w/o getting busted by Bullwinkle.

Thank you in advance for any input. Tommy
We use spy point they work great

I see you did not mention Spartan. I have used these for almost 3 years in Ga with Verizon as carrier.
I have learned a lot with the Sparta.
I do not have experience with some of the others you have listed.
If you have questions I would be glad to help

I have 4 spypoint cameras, 3 seem to work well the 4th misses pics. I also just got the cell link that you can use an existing camera but haven't tried it yet. Another downfall of the cell cameras is the blurry pics, but i know through spypoint you can request hd pictures, haven't tried that yet either...

Ridgetec- great app to set up and make changes while deployed, near real-time pic transmission, .25sec tigger, great range, easy in batteries, Verizon and AT&T sim cards come standard, data plans are cheap and can me spread among multiple cameras, in stock from the company- $399 and will ship same day.

I have had good luck with the Bushnell cams for several years, but they have an entirely new model out this year. I bought a SpyPoint Micro last year, and it has worked well. Be aware that the pics are taken and stored in high resolution, but the pics sent by text are low resolution. It's frustrating that you can't expand the pics you receive on your phone.

A recurring problem is that most of them (regular and cell cameras) seem to die after one to three years.

I have been using Ridgetec for over a year, one still deployed in its original location with a custom solar power pack. I have 3 more and the only issue I had was a camera that would get moisture inside it and blur some pictures. They gladly replaced it and the new one is trucking on. The only thing I cannot modify from the app or portal is the PIR sensitivity.

They are not the cheapest, but the lease members are slowly switching over because they are so tired of issues with their current cameras.

My brother in law and I just set up four cuddeback cameras as well as one of the home cell cameras for the cuddelink system. You can set them up to daisy chain to the home camera and pull pics from one camera or have them sent to your phone. I don't know much about it but it seems pretty slick if it works as advertised.

Check you local regs, CO doesnt allow cell cams for hunting, std. trail cams are ok, just not cellular ones.
I have a bushnell at my cabin year round for security-- its hit and miss, seems the app keeps resetting and doesnt always send notifications that I have pics, pics are there if I check though. It eats batteries pretty quick though so I bought the optional solar battery bank. Mine uses at&t, check to make sure you have correct carrier service in the area you plan to use it, my hunting areas dont have cell reception.
Here it is 2020 and with the covid-19,so many people with no work ,you would think that a Satellite trail cam should soon be here

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.