CCP Baloon over the US

Dang! Another balloon!
2458F312-D80E-4203-BDBF-6B616D863330.jpeg

Can be effective?

Or WAS effective?
Don't really need Chinas help. If you have the time ? Look into USAMRIID under newsroom/media. Scroll to 2018 read the article on fruit bats & Marburg virus. You may also find the study from George Mason University interesting. Ft Detrick likes playing with you know STUFF. That involves monkeys, anthrax, etc, etc. And take a look at the State Park quarter for 2020. Guess what is on that ? Fruit bats. Kind of in your face. Call me a conspiracy nut. Just because I can read between the lines. lol

I read that the reason they waited to shoot it down until after it passed over South Carolina was to have it drop in the water to greatly increase the chances of retrieving all of equipment from it so it could be studied. Also, they were able to block its surveillance capabilities and took the opportunity to study it while it was flying over the US. The US intelligence community has been aware of the chinese spy balloon program and this was their greatest chance to study and find out more about the program. Biden actually ordered the balloon shot down as soon as he was briefed on it but was talked out of it in order to get a greater in depth study of the balloon and its capabilities.

The problem I have they could have shot it down entering our territory inside of leaving it which implies they had no clue it flew 2,000 miles across Alaska until someone looked up in Montana and said "its a bird! No its a plane! No its a freaking balloon!" But I guess this was already taken.

Colossal intelligence failure we cannot track balloons which has been admitted. This is not an administration issue as much as failure of the military intelligence which is admitting we cannot easily track them. Prez says shoot it down Wed when in Montana, that order should have been before it entered over Alaska.

The problem I have they could have shot it down entering our territory inside of leaving it which implies they had no clue it flew 2,000 miles across Alaska until someone looked up in Montana and said "its a bird! No its a plane! No its a freaking balloon!" But I guess this was already taken.

Colossal intelligence failure we cannot track balloons which has been admitted. This is not an administration issue as much as failure of the military intelligence which is admitting we cannot easily track them. Prez says shoot it down Wed when in Montana, that order should have been before it entered over Alaska.
Again, once the balloon was discovered the military did not want to shoot it down without being able to retrieve the equipment it was carrying which is why they wanted to shoot it down over water and it had to be a really big body of water because it would be spread over 7 miles. They also wanted to study it while it was drifting across the US. It was not a security threat. It did not have to be shot down immediately.

Apparently, NORAD has missed several going back to when Trump was president. What is it about the balloon that made it undetectable? The fact that they handled it the way they did may provide that information. Sometimes shooting first and asking questions later isn't the best approach.

Detecting first then shooting it down BEFORE over populated areas is correct decision. Once it was in Montana, they were afraid to shoot it down. Nobody knew then or even possibly now what the balloon mission was or even if it was carrying a payload. We will prob never know that for certain anyway which is appropriate for security. They had no choice due to ineptitude of our detection capability. Letting it fly across our country without knowing anything is absurd.

Detecting first then shooting it down BEFORE over populated areas is correct decision. Once it was in Montana, they were afraid to shoot it down. Nobody knew then or even possibly now what the balloon mission was or even if it was carrying a payload. We will prob never know that for certain anyway which is appropriate for security. They had no choice due to ineptitude of our detection capability. Letting it fly across our country without knowing anything is absurd.
If they are able to salvage the balloon then won't they know for certain whether or not it had a payload? You don't think that we should try and learn anything about the technology being used on the balloon or anything about China's surveillance balloon program? As far as the ineptitude of our detection capability, perhaps there is something to learn from the salvaged balloon.

Yes, TOTALLY AGREE but we should not have allowed it to traverse the US period. Allowing it to perform its work ASSUMING we are smart enough to interpret and decode or decipher the data is absurd. The balloon should have been shot down entering our territorial waters off Alaska, not 10,000 miles later. Hopefully we we learn how to track before someone points to sky.

Recent Posts