CCI Velocitor

davkrat

Recently picked up a Ruger SR22 and got the .22 bug really bad! I had forgotten how much fun it can be to just go plinking. Saving pennies to hopefully pick up a CZ 455 Varmint in the future. .22 ammo has been impossible to find lately but luckily the only thing really available locally is CCI Velocitor which I hope to use in the future for long range practice. Seems a .22 at 150 yards is comparable to my .308 at 500 yards and a whole lot cheaper!

Anyways I've been doing some testing to see what might work well for a self defense load out of the SR22. I know .22 is a minimum caliber but it's better than nothing and is something my inexperienced wife can shoot much better than higher power centerfire. The velocitors out of the 3.5" barrel act like solids, thinking MiniMag solids might be just as effective and cheaper to shoot out of the handgun. The Velocitor out of a rifle barrel on the other hand takes the .22LR to a whole new level. Can't wait to see what they will do out at distance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDg3x4M92nk&list=UU3sisdRD45qD4hy49O0zpEQ&index=1]CCI Velocitor test - YouTube[/ame]

The CCI Velocitor is my favorite hunting round out of my CZ 452 American in .22LR. I've tried about a dozen different types so far. It generally shoots sub MOA at 100 yards. It's quite useful out to 150 yards on prairie dogs. It killed a porcupine quicker than my 9mm Luger pistol. Puts down varmints like skunks, porcupines and jackrabbits faster than the standard velocity stuff, and at further ranges than CCI Stinger. Definitely better than Stinger at 100 yards and further.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.