CCI Stingers

clemens

Have not seen cci stingers in very long time. Guess only way to get them is to hopefully find some at gun shows. Recommended replacement for stingers?

I've tried Stingers in every .22 that I've owned, hoping to find one that would be accurate with them. Best l could do is 1" at 50 yards, which isn't too terribly bad, but the attraction of Stingers to me is the flat trajectory to extend the range and when testing at 100 yards 3" is the average. Any prey smaller than a groundhog or racoon would be an extremely chancy target, and up close the extra oomph isn't necessary. I don't own multiple rifles to choose from in a search for usable accuracy so haven't been needing to buy any Stingers. Velocitors had been much more accurate from my rifle, a Kimber Hunter 22, but during "The Great Ammo Drought" none were available and I switched efforts to accumulating subsonic hollowpoints for squirrel hunting.

Ask and one shallreceive. Just havn't seen any at my local stores. I have a 50rd box I have had for over 20yrs just didnt want to use them.

If you can find CCI's "Velocitor" instead then consider it a blessing. Velocitor's case is 'normal' length for 22LR rounds, unlike the Stinger's overly long case that can make it overly crowded in a lot of tighter (skinnier & shorter to the lands) accuracy oriented 22LR chambers, and if so, interfering with the bullet's release causing pressure to spike.

Stingers are around and exactly the same as always. My favorite wabbit round. There are some other good hypervelocity offerings in 36-40gn but I like the CCI ammo for how clean it burns.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.