CCI #34 Primers in LR-308 Loads?

Texas Speed Bump

I recently sold my Springfield M1A Supermatch and have 2500 CCI #34 primers left over. I'm down to only a few hundred CCI #200 large rifle primers and am wondering if I can use these surplus #34s in a DPMS LR-308 (pictured left). Does anybody on the Forum have experience running mil-spec primers in non-military rifles? Thanks,

I recently sold my Springfield M1A Supermatch and have 2500 CCI #34 primers left over. I'm down to only a few hundred CCI #200 large rifle primers and am wondering if I can use these surplus #34s in a DPMS LR-308 (pictured left). Does anybody on the Forum have experience running mil-spec primers in non-military rifles? Thanks,
I haven't used them but I'd run them. No need to make the rest of us jealous.
Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Just don't use a high speed hammer as it won't strike it with enough force. Disclaimer: I was told that by someone who used those primers with a trigger as mentioned. If the speed has enough force, then it'll work, but most don't?

Just don't use a high speed hammer as it won't strike it with enough force. Disclaimer: I was told that by someone who used those primers with a trigger as mentioned. If the speed has enough force, then it'll work, but most don't?
I have no idea how fast my 'hammer' is on this rifle. I used a LaRue MBT-2S trigger when I built it. I'm running a suppressor on it now and know I need to dial back the gas a bit.

I have no idea how fast my 'hammer' is on this rifle. I used a LaRue MBT-2S trigger when I built it. I'm running a suppressor on it now and know I need to dial back the gas a bit.
The hs hammers I've seen are usually less in width and/or have less material as for it to be faster with the same power weight of spring. What you posted was for trigger only. Check the hammer. After going further down the LaRue page it shows the hammer. According to the pic it's not a hs hammer, so you should be gtg.