• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

CCI 250

These alerts are nice, BUTT they have their drawback. The main problem is these alerts cause a feeding frenzy. Feeding frenzy's keeps the prices higher. There are a lot of people out there who will pay those prices, I have. When you want it, you want it…..

Fletcher

I don't see how letting the market set the price is a bad idea. Sure, I don't like the price, but checking stores and websites hoping to catch something available at yesterday's price is horribly inefficient. Forcing sales of a limited item at price lower than free market price makes room for scalpers. When manufacturers don't benefit from the higher price there is no incentive to expand production. If manufacturers were making a killing on components there would be an incentive for other businesses to enter the market. Boom or bust volumes makes it hard to determine ROI. When people see an empty shelf they become emotional and buy a lifetime supply the next time the item shows up. If there is inventory consistently on the shelf folks tend to buy what the need today. I have likely never had more than 2000 primers and 10lbs of powder onhand in 30 years of reloading, however today I have nearly 7000 primers and 30lbs of powder because I don't know if it will be available when I want them. I likely need to live to be 150 to use up what I have at my current rate of consumption. If primers and powder were consistently available at $130 a brick and $75 a lb, I would only have 2000 primers and 10lbs of powder. I am going to guess a few folks have stockpiled significantly more primers and powder than me. At some point, I suspect demand will return to what is actually being consumed and prices will find equilibrium. Until then, prices should be whatever it takes to keep a reasonable supply on shelf. In this case price is the best method of allocation. I understand some folks nearly feel entitled to purchase at some price but that isn't how the free market works. We all seem to understand the free market when we are selling for a profit!